Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this '80 last weekend...it's a good car that just needs a little TLC. I need to get the A/C working and troubleshoot why the electric fans won't kick on...other than that it's mechanically sound. The rear carpet and compartments were shot and some of the exterior trim was no good so these pics are after I started tearing into it. The previous owner put in a 350 back in 2002 along with a BTO overdrive tranny :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Congrats Matt!!!
It's nice but :WTF am I suppose to sit??? :huh:
Good luck with it sweetie ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you have a good base to work from. Are you going to keep it or sell it after you are done?
I'll be putting it back up for sale :cheers:

Thanks all...my last two were ready to roll when I bought them so this should be a fun project :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts
I'll be putting it back up for sale :cheers:

Thanks all...my last two were ready to roll when I bought them so this should be a fun project :thumbsup:
Atta boy, let's keep the sharks on the road! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Nice looking ride.Those Rims:down:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Nice seat...:laughing:

Looks like a cool project.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If the AC is not working, I don't think the electric fan will turn on. Jump it with 12 volts to see.

:cheers:
They were working but stopped for some reason before I got it home. All of the connections and fuses look alright, so I've got a friend who is good with wiring stopping by to take a look. Hopefully it isn't a big deal.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
Cool ride, love the color!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Lakewood! Hell I'm Downey and South. Need help yell, I'll hear ya. Nothing I love more then a C3. This weekend I'll be spending under my hood try'n to figure out why my belt keeps jumping one track off???? HOPEFULLY it isn't serious.....I say two tension pulleys and two belts later. :thud:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Lakewood! Hell I'm Downey and South. Need help yell, I'll hear ya. Nothing I love more then a C3. This weekend I'll be spending under my hood try'n to figure out why my belt keeps jumping one track off???? HOPEFULLY it isn't serious.....I say two tension pulleys and two belts later. :thud:

YOu are looking at a broken bracket, needs TIG welded....either the air pump, or the alt, or the a/c

·
Registered
943 Posts
YOu are looking at a broken bracket, needs TIG welded....either the air pump, or the alt, or the a/c
Thanks allot bro for the input. I'll be looking into the alt this morning then, being the direction my belt goes on the LS6 and where it is jumping. I was wishing alt or power steering and not something more serious. So maybe Hopefully then Sunday and following weekends, I'll be free to help with the C3 if needed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Lakewood! Hell I'm Downey and South. Need help yell, I'll hear ya. Nothing I love more then a C3.
Maybe we should start a So. Cal chapter of DC/C3. Pipervette,Darrow, and easyasone2three already come over. Qwik502 is a friend. Anaheim is only 20 minutes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts