Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW Spy shots /w HEADLIGHTS

Notice exhaust tips.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
they look to be body colored under the glass :)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Re: NEW Spy shots /w HEADLIGHTS

Originally posted by Loggins1 ...<br>

The Acura Integra type headlights will take some getting used to, but we'll see what it looks like when all the cammo comes off. Those headlights will cause a lot of debate.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
:nuts: i will never get used to those fixed lights.
i hope the c6 run is short,like the rumor's predict.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
:nuts: i will never get used to those fixed lights.
i hope the c6 run is short,like the rumor's predict.:thumbsup:<br>
I hadn't heard about a short run.... whatcha mean?

·
Registered
168 Posts
C6 Spy pics

Wow - These lights are really bad. They look too small in comparison to the general built of the car. They look as if they were taken off a 3000GT. Thus far it seems that the C6 will be a let down (body wise)- it seems that way each time more body is being exposed. Sorry to say it once again - but these lights are too small and look bad.
David:surprised

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
I hadn't heard about a short run.... whatcha mean?<br>
supposedly David Hill or someone high up,said"the c6 will be a short run,3to 5 year's,then the next gen will arrive."
If i can find the article later today,i will copy and paste it..:smokin:
If that's true,it would seem like the C6 is just helping the 'New breed Caddy' get established,then they will start to progress with a new (revolutionary)vette-just one outsider's opinion.But i do remember reading that.It might have been at the last Detroit auto show..:smokin:
I do like the XLR..

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am totally confused! At the beginning I thought that the C6 will be WOW. Then when saw the spy pic of the Autoweek I thought, hope I'm seeing something else.
Then came the Road and flames, and I said WOW this IS IT. Perfect. Couldn't be any better.
Then I saw the headlights behind the podium pic, and I said Oh no, this better be the Solstice's or something.
Then I saw the spy shots in Germany, and I remember, I loved the doors, those lines.
Now this with the NSX alike frontlamps... I don't even know what to say.
Because who knows, I might like the next week's spy shot, but the lamps are worthy for the Corvette name!
And I can say I'm totally confused now!

I was excited when I saw an over CTS-V spy shot today. But this C6 makes me wonder. I liked the fenders, at least what I thought they'd look, I liked the doors, but something's missing!!!!
Maybe I'm too eager to see something new, but even if it's evolutionary, I 'd expect MORE, a LOT MORE than cheap NSXlights!

Apologize from all the NSXfans, but this is a CORVETTE for cry out loud!!!!!!:huh:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
good point..it does seem like something is missing....
Of coarse the performance will be a little better than the C5,i agree,i tought it would look more like the chrome & flame(or whatever)computer generated photo's.i really liked that sharp body on the cover...:smokin:

oh,too bad there's not an option were you could get pop-up's,or fixed light's.chance's are probably good that the fixed light's will carry over to the next generation too.:(

·
Registered
393 Posts
Totally agree with You Hawaii-5-lo
:agree:

I'm afraid to say anything, because who knows what might come up next week about the C6.
But so far all I can say that Okay, this is a cool car, but what about the Corvette?
In my view a CORVETTE is supposed to look agressive, PROUD, muscular, dominating with high styled individualism and cutting edge regarding both the design and the technology. Afterall we're talking about USA's #1 sportscar if I'm right. And a top sportscar is actually representing, not only the manufacturer, but also the country it is coming from.
The more I see the spy shots of the C6 (if it is the C6) the more i realize, how ahead of its time the C3 was!

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
It's going to be cool! Just be patient a little longer. :partyon:

I know some have said this before, but I'm beginning to, based on this photo, think the hatch we see and the halo are truely cammo!

why else would there be that REALLY thick rollbar beneath the glass?
I'm going to revise the orange rendering I did to show you what I mean. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Brian, I'm looking forward to see your point

Yes, it is a really thick rollbar. What do You mean? Something like the Viper RT10? That would be great. This observation makes me more curious than the spy shots so far :cheers:
Why didn't you say this before?
Why do you believe that the "the hatch we see and the halo are truely cammo!"?

starting to thing that You know something we (or at least I) don't:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Everyone is talking about how small the headlights are, but you can't even see the whole thing. They have the camo right up to where the light is exposed. You guys are judging what you can see which isn't the whole thing. I'm not saying that you aren't right in the end, but at least wait until you see it unmasked to say it is terrible. I agree with Brian, too. They have the camo there for a reason.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by TreCool626 ...<br>
Everyone is talking about how small the headlights are, but you can't even see the whole thing. They have the camo right up to where the light is exposed. You guys are judging what you can see which isn't the whole thing. I'm not saying that you aren't right in the end, but at least wait until you see it unmasked to say it is terrible. I agree with Brian, too. They have the camo there for a reason.<br>
Dont judge what you cant see. When the full thing comes out it will look sweet. I just know it. It will be different but I think it will be nice. We are getting closer and closer to the real thing. I cant wait.:smokin:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by Loggins1 ...<br>
January 4th i believe at the Detroit Auto show.<br>
This could be a day of dread.

:(

1 - 20 of 41 Posts