Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Popular Mechanics must have put a deposit down on the next set of spy pics :laughing: tired of us websites spankin' their ass.

This also semi-confirms that this red mule never made it to the N-ring, because it was never spotted there after the big fiasco with the photo leaks at the shipping company.

Oh... and don't get too exited about that dramatic hood "bulge"... you won't see that on the SS. Guaranteed. But, you will see an incredibly innovative hood that I've never seen on anything but a Hot Wheel. I give GM a 10 out of 10 for the design. The real hood is smokin' hot, folks will love it. GM hit a home run. :partyon:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Patrick, whenever i read your posts about anything SS related, they just scream "i know more than you do!"

I'm so jealous.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Patrick, whenever i read your posts about anything SS related, they just scream "i know more than you do!"

I'm so jealous.:thumbsup:
I know what I've seen.

Since the car will be seen at the auto show in 7 months, folks will all see it soon enough.

This year I've found myself protecting the innocent, and gung-ho supplier employees, who have no idea that they'd be fired if I share the... stuff. I mean it's cool to see it, but it takes away the fun in my book if it affects peoples lives. So, I sit on it.

And, if you think I haven't seen anything, just ask the folks who've been to my house. They got to see "something". :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I give GM a 10 out of 10 for the design. The real hood is smokin' hot, folks will love it. GM hit a home run. :partyon:
I am always so impressed with the knowledge of you and some of the other fella's on this forum (I used to pay more attention to "some other" Corvette Forum. But I have come to the dark side :devil: ) I would like to ask how much have you seen? Is the design of the SS radically diffrent from the c6/c6 Z06?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I know it probably seems obvious, but if you know so much about the SS that we don't, why can't (or won't) you divulge? I'd rather know WHY I can't know:laughing:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, it makes sense. If he spills the beans on some stuff that noone knows as far as I can tell, (At least i havn't seen anything new on the web), then the people who told him said information may have their jobs threatened. I understand why, but i would LOVE to know if the SS will, at least to a decent extent, stand out from its fellow c6's and Z06's. A $100,000+ car should look different, and it should also scream, "Look at me NOW" on the road.

A simple, yes it looks different and effing sweet will do Patrick:D :D

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I am always so impressed with the knowledge of you and some of the other fella's on this forum (I used to pay more attention to "some other" Corvette Forum. But I have come to the dark side :devil: ) I would like to ask how much have you seen? Is the design of the SS radically diffrent from the c6/c6 Z06?
Jeesh I haven't blabbed for a while... so I'll tip toe thru this.

If I connect the dots, parts and maybe panels, seems to me that the SS will remain looking like a Corvette, and will not look like an exotic car, or european, in the least.

If I had to describe what I might have seen it's consistent with a "muscular" and "serious" big-dollar version of the C6 Z06. I'm not talking radio delete or anything like that, I'm saying this car will look like it's home should be at the N-ring. I think it will look 100k. Even more so when you look up it's skirt. :D

The hood is a kick ass design and I'm really excited about it, and it is ... not just a CF hood actually. There's more to it.

I don't see why you couldn't take a C6 Z06 and easily bolt on the Corvette SS panels and make a clone... which is why they must be using it as a mule. I think this might be a big letdown for some folks who are caught up in the idea that it will look exotic.

I have no idea what the interior will look like, nor can find anyone who does. Nor anything on the front/rear clip... which are big factors in the overall design. But, the car is consistent with thick and muscular, with some trick looking body panel **** for sure!

It's possible, and I'll be clear that I've heard nothing on this, that the SS could easily be an option package for the Z06. It's close enough where that could be a possibility. Almost how the Callaway engine/body package was briefly an option for the C4.

Seems like the SS is the last "hurrah" for the C6 before they turn out the lights.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm very happy that it will look neither European nor Exotic. I LOVE how the c6 corvette line looks. And if you say the add-ons look sick, then awesome! I'll take your word on that.

Thanks a lot Patrick, you just made it harder for me to wait for an official picture of this beast!

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Well, it makes sense. If he spills the beans on some stuff that noone knows as far as I can tell, (At least i havn't seen anything new on the web), then the people who told him said information may have their jobs threatened. I understand why, but i would LOVE to know if the SS will, at least to a decent extent, stand out from its fellow c6's and Z06's. A $100,000+ car should look different, and it should also scream, "Look at me NOW" on the road.

A simple, yes it looks different and effing sweet will do Patrick:D :D
A few years ago a GM employee was sitting with HR and damn near lost his long-time (very long time) job at GM for allowing paddle shift photos to be taken by someone and displayed on DC. I even shot off a few "please don't fire him" e-mails to GM brass, of which I never got a reply.

This is all fun until someone loses their pension. And, sometimes I feel like mother hen... seeing cool things ... but telling these youngin's they'd be utterly insane to show another person, who may not care about the ramifications, or the GM suppliers relationship with GM.

You are welcome to talk to others that have come to my house... and I guarantee you nothing will ever make it's way onto the internet, unless similar stuff pops up and then I'll "show you mine".

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but just sit tight for 7 months and you'll see humpty all put together. But, in reality it will likely be 2 months before that. The checkbook is ready. :laughing:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow! thanx patrick, u sure know how to hide your info, lol! can u talk about power? And tell me if the SS is gonna be "just" or almost or cud b a possibility of the last C6 or in terms of design, is there something greater that the SS in the works?

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
i really should try and photoshop this.

For the SS (Super Stingray) I would imagine the diffrence from it to a Z06 is like a z06 to a Coupe, noticeable but not dramatic. Since the more powerful motor will make more heat maybe somehting like the LG hood, but with a clear section to show off the moster within? A removable roof, same basic C6 lines however more bulge in the fenders so that it sits 2 inches lower and can support 305 tires front and 345s rear. For a spoiler I think it will resemble what you can buy from GM accesories but on this car it will be molded to the body with no visible gaps.

Seeing as form follows funtion i beleive eveything changed will be to provide beter downforce and beter airflow to the components that require cooling.

So am i getting warm? Or will GM say "eh" and just make a C6-R street legal and sell it - which would be awsome!

·
Registered
445 Posts
sinisterc6 has some nice ideas or insights! i just want the damn thing to look evil and more diff from the c6 z06, doesnt have to b drastic but noticeable! n way more than my grandma can tell!

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Wow! thanx patrick, u sure know how to hide your info, lol! can u talk about power?
I only know what I know, I have zero info on final power numbers. It could be anything bro.

And tell me if the SS is gonna be "just" or almost or cud b a possibility of the last C6 or in terms of design,
The SS would appear to be the last in line.

is there something greater that the SS in the works?
Yep, the C7! :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Since the more powerful motor will make more heat maybe somehting like the LG hood, but with a clear section to show off the moster within? A removable roof, same basic C6 lines however more bulge in the fenders so that it sits 2 inches lower and can support 305 tires front and 345s rear. For a spoiler I think it will resemble what you can buy from GM accesories but on this car it will be molded to the body with no visible gaps.

Seeing as form follows funtion i beleive eveything changed will be to provide beter downforce and beter airflow to the components that require cooling.

So am i getting warm?
Actually, you are a little bit warm in one arena.

But, I'm now done with this thread. I just wanted to share some things, but not do a Q&A session. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
I know what I've seen.
And, if you think I haven't seen anything, just ask the folks who've been to my house. They got to see "something". :D
Patrick, It has been too long. Maybe we need to get together for pizza at your place soon. Ill buy this time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm very happy that it will look neither European nor Exotic. I LOVE how the c6 corvette line looks. And if you say the add-ons look sick, then awesome! I'll take your word on that.

Thanks a lot Patrick, you just made it harder for me to wait for an official picture of this beast!
lol you asked for it! Awsome info. Sounds like it's going to be a real showcase. Gonna be so awsome when it gets unveiled.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts