1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Strut rod bracket for 6 link (pics)

"second verse same as the first"...

Pics when they get approved!!

Used the existing bracket and fabbed a mate from 0.125 wall 2"x3" square tubing to box it in...

Just some cleaning up, layout the drop holes to get the lower rod parallel to the half shaft, weld in a couple of spacers and Powder coat the witch...

Note that this doesn't interfear with using the bracket in the stock location. Its not my first idea but it was quick...

Kinda a grind it 'till it fits then chrome it approach :rolling:

Now where are my dimple dies :spanked: :spanked:

Fastest Mods in the west for approving pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out I HAD a BW T-10 behind the RJ502 with a 3.55 gear... Shows that you never really know until you visually inspect...

The riping and tearing is done!!!

Now I have a ROD 6 speed in the hole.... Man that sucker is big!!

I'll snap some pics. putting that trans in without pulling the shifter off would be a biatch. Thankfully I have a NCRS car :rolling: so cutting the tunnel was no big deal. I just fab up a nice access plate with some tinnermans nuts and be done with it. I'll snap some more pics tonight of the trans in the car.

I have all of the material for the removable section of the crossmember 2x3x0.125 rect tube. I just need to cnc plasma up some endcaps out of 3/16 plate.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fimished....

Ready to bolt on... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Your exhuast passes under the rearend but is kept as high as possible for ground clearance. You exhuast ends up higher then the inner mounts for the lower strut rods. With this boxed section you either run side pipes or your exhaust hangs too low.
Either is a bad alternative.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
He is running side exhaust

Do you have to run half shaft loops to run a 6 link?
No but you need to remove the inner clips and grind the ends of the yokes back to the groove. This means the rearend needs to come out.
If it is a 6 link you also need to make upper strut rods.

As for side pipes they certainly eliminate the problems of a low hanging full length exhaust system.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Side pipes only from now on. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts