Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come for some new shoes. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for the cheapest set of tires I can get that are still pretty good quality. Recommendations with a price would be appreciated.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm running Firehawk Wide Oval. Price was in the $900 for all four in stock Z06 sizes, mounted blah blah all that.
Only complaint I have is they "feel" squishy in hard corning. I say "feel" but I have pushed them even harder past the squishy and they don't give.
In a launch on cold tires I love them compared to stock shoes.
In the rain again I love them compared.
Looks? They are ugly till you launch them.
Some people run now a days if you even whisper Firestone but they have held true for me and they are not babied.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
not cheap but i have perli p zeros and like them

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Check with our sponsor TD4L. They have some great low cost options. I think I am going with the Toyos myself. :thumbsup:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
Check with our sponsor TD4L. They have some great low cost options....
TD4L are great folks, got the Conti's I'm rolling on now from them, give em a call, the're honest, knowledgable and offer very competitive pricing:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think stock size is the same on any C5. 245-45-17's front.
And 275-40-18's in the rear.

A friend has some of the Bridgestones on his. They are pretty good, better than stock runflats anyway. I have some worn out Goodyear Runflats on mine. I am about to go with Avon Tech 500's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The time has come for some new shoes. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for the cheapest set of tires I can get that are still pretty good quality. Recommendations with a price would be appreciated.
I replaced the Goodyear runflats with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ZP (runflats) that I purchased from Discount Tire Direct for $1088 with free shipping. I had a local shop mount and balance for $20/tire. The Michelin's are great. They are quite, rid great, don't follow the ruts in the road and have overall better steering. I will never go back to the Goodyears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts