Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a 2000 c-5 and it runs with no noticable problems at all. 66,000 miles.

Running the codes there are 2:

P0705 HC Transmission Range Circut (A/T)
P0706 HC Transmission Rance Circut Performance (A/T)

Does anyone know what these mean and is it a dealer fix? HC means a recurring problem right? should I clear the codes and see if they come back? Anyone have this before? Worrisome, fix ASAP?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
hc means history code .i,m lookin at 2001 book ,i,m too lazy to get 2000 book down. sorry. 0706 tr range switch per. is your cel on all the time ? how does the shifter feel ? tr switch is part of nu/park/rev lights switch on outside of tranny.make sure its hooked up .ya need a scan tool like snap on to check all the positions,in other words the switch tells the ecm that position the tranny is in

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
The transmission range (TR) switch is part of the park/neutral position and back-up lamp switch assembly and is externally mounted on the transmission manual shaft. The TR switch is a multi-signal switch. The PCM supplies ignition voltage to the TR switch on four signal circuits (A, B. C, and P). Each gear selector lever position grounds one or more of the switch circuits. In order to determine the gear range selected by the driver, the PCM compares the voltage combinations on the signal circuits to a look up table stored in the PCM memory. PCM detects the selected gear range by the state change of the switch input.

Switch input to the PCM is represented on the scan tool as HI and Low. HI indicates an ignition voltage signal. Low indicates a zero voltage signal. The four parameters represent transmission range switch signal A, B, C and Parity.
DTC P0706 will set if the PCM detects start-up in a drive range or vehicle speed in the PARK or NEUTRAL range.

Try resetting the codes, but I'm going to bet the switch is bad and will probably need replacing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I tried my first cure which was "Wishful Thinking" resetting all codes and hoping everything would turn out ok. It didn't. Still have those 2 codes. Car still runs fine. Sounds like the next step is the dealer for a fix?

Thanks for the explaination though. Or could I get the switch and change it out myself since it is externally mounted. Automatic trans. Where would i see it and is it reasonably easy to get to?

Can someone move this to PCM tuning and diagnostics?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,681 Posts
This is where the switch is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts