Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my C5Z a few months ago for this car. Took some photos at the track and in the driveway (below).

I went to order some embroidered floor mats and it said early 2007 or late 2007. What do I look for, or what date is the cutoff?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, after working six weeks in saudi last year, figured I'd spend the money I made.

The C5Z is a great car, and considering the used prices right now probably one of the best performance cars for the price around right now. Put a procharger or vortec on a C5Z and they are very fast.

But, the C6Z is a whole new level, on a stock to stock comparison. The C5Z acceleraton never compared to the big block 75 in the photo above. Whereas the C6Z is comparable. The 75 has 4:11 gears, a rock crusher trans, a 502/502, and drag radials, so for a street car it is no slouch.

The C6Z makes you feel like you are driving a luxury car, but remember my other car is painted flat black, has no heater, carpets, radio, etc. so everything is relative.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a PM with the needed info, thanks again!

In case someone else searches on this, here's the answer:

"The early 07Zs built in 12/06 have 2 1/2 inch plastic cylinders that are under the mats that the OE floor mats attach to. If you have the OE mats, look for holes in them which hold them in place. Looking at your mats as a rectangle there's one 1/2 inch hole near the southwest corner and another near the southeast corner."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts