Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I finally bought one of my dream cars on labor day. I picked up a torch red C5 Z06 with 84k miles on it. It has been an absolute blast to drive and I can't wait to start the modding. I am new to vettes but certainly not new to cars. The Z replaced an E46 M3 which I can honestly say I don't really miss, the Z06 is pretty well rounded. The only thing it lacks is the space that the M3 had but I didn't buy it for cargo space :devil:. I recently moved into the Dahlgren VA area so anyone up here I am bored out of my mind and need to find some car meets or cruises. Anyway I hope to learn lots from the forum and look forward to seeing some of y'all at some meets/shows. I will post more pics soon once I can find and unpack my camera charger. Here is a crappy cell shot for now. :cheers:

-Neal

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Welcome to DC Neal, great looking Vette. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
That is one sexy looking Z06!:surprised I might add that it's a pretty good pic for a crappy cell phone photo.:laughing::thumbsup:

Welcome to DC!:cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all. Well I guess its not to crappy, but compared to the ones on my D40 its horrible :D. It might have helped that was like 3 seconds after I finished a full detail on it too though.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Welcome to DC:partyon: And Congrats on your new Vette, it looks great:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Here are a few better pics of the vette. Thanks for the compliments and welcomes though I can't wait to dig through the knowledge and start planning out my build. :partyon:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Wow oh WOW! That thing looks incredibly clean. What did you use if you don't mind me asking?;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a regular wash followed up with a claybar kit, scratch doctor to get some swirls and light scratches out, one coat of meguiars cleaner wax then two coats of there polish wax, and finally I went over with some quick detail spray to get off any excess junk. Took me a solid day with two people on it, no buffer all by hand. Wheels are getting waxed next because my car likes to cover them in dust very quickly:down:. then its getting lowered....:excited:

edit: Thanks btw :D

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Just a regular wash followed up with a claybar kit, scratch doctor to get some swirls and light scratches out, one coat of meguiars cleaner wax then two coats of there polish wax, and finally I went over with some quick detail spray to get off any excess junk. Took me a solid day with two people on it, no buffer all by hand. Wheels are getting waxed next because my car likes to cover them in dust very quickly:down:. then its getting lowered....:excited:

edit: Thanks btw :D
:laughing:I like how you said "just a regular wash" and then all that hard work that followed. Looks like all that time payed off in a big way.:thumbsup:

Nice

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha thanks I guess I just consider it normal because I try to just water wash every week unless it gets really dirty from traveling or something out of the ordinary. Then I try to do the big detail with wax and all twice a year unless it gets looking bad before then. I really am weird though because if I do inside and out clean I`ll work for around 10 hours and enjoy it...:WTF but it does pay off thanks again for the compliments being able to get it that clean is certainly a reward in itself.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome and congrats on getting a C5Z06. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Welcome to DC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone. Spiderpat its a 2002. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Welcome to DC. I am particularly fond of torch red C5 Z06's! :partyon::partyon::partyon:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks, I am rather fond of the color as well they have always stood out for me. There was just something about this car though, Its my first vette and is actually the first vette i`ve ever sat in/driven. :smack after that first drive though i was in love. :thud:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts