Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share a couple pictures of my new toys... Nothing better than getting a student discount on Matco and Snap-On tools! :partyon: :cheers:

My new toolbox!

I call this my drawer of many colors... :smack

·
Registered
476 Posts
That looks sick! that looks to be about the size of an epiq series from snap-on was it cheaper? I feel i loose a bit of my soul when i walk on the snap-on truck because i know the more tools i by the more likely i'll get pulled into one of their storage units but i like the looks of that more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks sick! that looks to be about the size of an epiq series from snap-on was it cheaper? I feel i loose a bit of my soul when i walk on the snap-on truck because i know the more tools i by the more likely i'll get pulled into one of their storage units but i like the looks of that more.
Honestly, I don't really know if it was cheaper than a Snap-On box. I didn't look into any of them, because I knew I wanted this one. And because I'm an auto student, I believe I got 51 or 52% off on this box...
I made a huge order with both snap-on and matco, so now anything I need off the trucks will most likely be small items.
I just love the way this box is built - although, my problem is I already need a bigger box........ haha. But the Matco dealer that came around a while ago showed us a video of different toolboxes being dropped from like 15' from a forklift. They didn't specifically show which competitor's box was which, but the Matco boxes were the only ones where the drawers still opened and shut. And I've seen the dealer get into the bottom box (the box was strapped down inside his truck) and jump around in the drawer and it still worked just fine... If you can do that with a box, you know it's built well. Not saying the Snap-On boxes aren't built well, I just knew I wanted one of these because two of my buddies bought the same 4 Series box, too and we all love 'em.

·
Registered
476 Posts
A friend of mine just bought a snap-on rollcab which was ridiculously pricey... he paid 4.5k for it or something but originally the thing was 10k+ but he needed it off his truck and my friend was the only one who would buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts