Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever done a twin turbo set up on a C5? and if there are any words of wisdom that can go along with it. I just purchased a UPP twin turbo kit and will be mounting it in about two weeks when it gets here but just wanted some input from anyone on here.

Thanks,

Rocky

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry forgot to add my specs on my car. it is a 2002 black on black automatic LS-1 all stock. only added a cat back exhaust.:laughing:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Aloha. Yes many have done twins here. Suprised no one has chimed in yet. Considerin you have an auto, if the kit is putting out over 500hp and torque, the trans will be the weak link, could last a little while, might not. Another good upgrade would be hardend output shafts for the rear end

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i was thinking the tranny was my weak link. My car only has 43000 miles on it so im hoping it will hang in there for a little while. the kit should put me at around 600-650 depending on a few things but we will see. Ive already started the tear down. its a twin turbo kit that mounts the turbos behind the front fenders and deletes my front brake cooling ducts. With you guys/girls that have twin turboed your vette's is there any way around this i really would like to keep them in place?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its from a company that is trying to come into the muscle car side of raceing. its called Under pressure performance in CO. And this is there new kit that they have designed for the C5. plus its half the price of almost everything else on the market so it was a steal. another good thing about this kit, it bolts to the stock exhaust manifolds so it shave the extra work plus the smog guy wont bitch about having headers and it keeps everything looking stealthy for the unsuspecting gear head that thinks he can beat a stck C5 lol.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It looks good rocky !

Keep us posted on how it all works out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh i will dont worry guys/gals. but more good news my boss at the hospital just gave me her 1985 corvette cause she blew the head gasket and didnt want to pay to fix it so she straight up gave me the car. i was super surprised lol. so now i have two projects to get off the ground.

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Nice set up and smoking deal on the free Vette :partyon:
I'd love to come check them out the next time I'm over that way :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya im in redlands california and the 2002 isnt done yet and i always need extra hands on a build.

The total cost of this kit is 5098.00 plus or minus some dollars depending on shipping. but if you want it you have to get it fast they are only selling them this cheap for a little while longer. this price is only to get there name and the kit on the street. And so far this looks like an easy install ive gone over the instructions every chance i get and its super easy. you just need a few special tools and the time to put it on(plus some one who knows how turbo systems work lol). And then youll have 600-650 C5 corvette. as soon as i get outta of the dyno im going to roll on a new ZR-1 i saw in town and see if my $20,000 car can whoop its $130,000 price tag. lol.

And im thinking the 85 needs a motor but a free shell to do with what i will is still an awesome xmas present lol.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Aloha, hows the clearance under the car, i dropped my car 3" and have 3" inches of clearance under the car. I refuse to raisse the car for any reason. The STS system is a decent tt set up, but i might have to end up going with the new c5 inter cooled procharger for clearance reasons. It makes 620 hp and 575 ft lbs torque. Looking good though bro

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'm interested in results, mainly dyno results due to the 2.5" down pipes

also what brand / size turbos are those?

UPP's website makes me want to shoot myself in the head :down:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya there website is a little funky if you google it but click the shop link it brings up just the page for turbo kit its a little better to view and use that page. when i called the UPP and explained what car has which its all stock besides the muffler delete i did. the guy told me 600-650 on a stock ls-1 after dyno and tune. ya i cant find the link to that page but if you really want the info email CK from UPP hes the online tech guy that handles all there online biss. hes the guy ive been talking to for the last week and a half. he has one of these kits on his corvette its a 98 i think but hes great to talk to about advice.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, Rocky pointed me to this board. This is our kit that we produce, and I'd be happy to answer any questions, but first I need premission from the moderators on here to speak of it (I don't want to step on anyone's toes).

I would like to appologise up front....our web site absolutely SUCKS! We are in the process of redoing it now. Originally we had a guy build it, and he insisted on doing it in flash, it turned out like a Michael Bay movie... Lots of explosions and flare, absolutely NO info, the original release didn't even have our phone number!
www.uppcos.com

We're in the process of switching it back to HTML now, but it's still a work in progress, here's the links:
Main: www.uppcos.com/galleryhtml/index.htm
Dirrect: www.uppcos.com/galleryhtml/ttvette.htm

I'll look into the broken link with the email, but you can reach me at [email protected]

As soon as I get the ok from the mods I'll post more and be happy to answer any of your q's.

CK

1 - 20 of 103 Posts