What do you think about the new rims?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what does everyone think about the new available rim types and their respective finishes?

Please opine.:cheers:

·
Registered
740 Posts
At first glance I didn't care for either of the new rims, but the spit spokes have started to grow on me and I actually like them now (but I do think they need a chrome option for them).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(but I do think they need a chrome option for them).
That is why I put in the fifth option. Hopefully it's not too confusing.:lookinup: What I meant-to clarify-is that you wish GM offered the split-spoke in chrome and polished, and you wish they also offered the non-split-spoke rim in Competition Grey and painted.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Liked the split spoke ever since we first saw them. The new 5 spoke are well...not my style, hopefully these don't last very long once GM finds out they're fugly.

·
Registered
911 Posts
In the poll, I put that I liked both, but really there isn't a category for me. I think both styles are fine, but don't think either really do the car much justice. The new wheels don't really go with the lines of the car, but the old ones were so boring. So far the best wheels have been the old split spokes (Z06 rims) in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far the best wheels have been the old split spokes (Z06 rims) in my opinion.
It seems like GM knew the Z06 style rim looked best on a Vette, so they tried to copy the design just enough without totally copying the Z06 rim and possibly upsetting current Z06 owners.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Personally the hottest rims I've seen as of recent are the SS rims on that red mule rolling around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts