Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or did Dodge ruin the Viper with the new model?
I'm not a big Viper fan but I like the edgey look of the old style I think they made it look to much like the Sebring to tame no real lines. Every one always called the old one a clown shoe but at least it had style.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i don't think the old one had an edgy look...everything on the car was round...i think it was unique when it came out...and the new one will take some getting used too....i personally like the look of the new one....

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I've seen this 1000 times.

They did the same thing when they went from the C3 to the C4.

It would seem once a car has dramatic styling, it is eventually redesigned into the "conservative" category.:rolleyes:

I like the older style, just personal preference. It looks bad ass.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Old style, definately. It definately looked awesome. :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
The nicest thing I can say is I've grown to *sort * of like the new style. I've had the chance to drive 5 different 2003 Vipers, all of those on an autocross or a track. Gotta give credit where it's due, and it's one hell of a car to drive. Every one I've driven has been bone stock, and it still blew me away. Once they start modding them, they will be amazing. Can't argue with 500 hp stock!! Style sorta sucks, performance is a 10!! (Get it? V10?)

Ok, I'll go away now. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
The nicest thing I can say is I've grown to *sort * of like the new style. I've had the chance to drive 5 different 2003 Vipers, all of those on an autocross or a track. Gotta give credit where it's due, and it's one hell of a car to drive. Every one I've driven has been bone stock, and it still blew me away. Once they start modding them, they will be amazing. Can't argue with 500 hp stock!! Style sorta sucks, performance is a 10!! (Get it? V10?)

Ok, I'll go away now. :laughing:
Vipers are wicked to drive, did it ONCE.

The car accelerated like a MONSTER, but it felt a little "unsure" when applying throttle in the corners (like the back end wanted to come around).

I'm damn glad the viper exists, I'll add one when I can afford it.

:smokin:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Ya the stye of the new Viper reminds me of this but bigger and More Bad ASS!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Maybe this will improve your opinion of how the new Viper looks.

Pic of my friends 2003 Viper

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
If those Headlights Of that dont remind u of the S2000 i dont know what will. BTW Great Pics!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Loggins1 said:
If those Headlights Of that dont remind u of the S2000 i dont know what will. BTW Great Pics!!!
Agreed. The headlights are kind of like the s2000 and the tail lights are like mix between a Sebring and Mercedes. Overall, it's not as horrible looking as some of the early pics I saw of it. Also not as bad as when I first saw it at the Chicago auto show. I wanted to puke. From then to production they made a few changes. Don't want to puke when I see it, but it's just not that great looking. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
:agree:
I would say it has more of a Japanese look to it. I really dont know how to explain it. I would say it has more of a Japanese influence then American. IMO. The engine and its performance are the important things.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Loggins1 said:
:agree:
I would say it has more of a Japanese look to it. I really dont know how to explain it. I would say it has more of a Japanese influence then American. IMO. The engine and its performance are the important things.
:agree: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts