Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have new weather strip I got from Corvette rubber and I have to say the quality is very nice! I put in one side. That is the T top and front and back of the window. Now the window does not go to the top and seal. Is there an adjustment in the electric window stop I can adjust? OR do you have any suggestions? It is about 1/8th of an inch from the top.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
CRC is nice. :agree:

Is your issue that the motor is just not pushing the glass all the way up or is your glass hitting the stops before it makes a good seal? There are upward and downward stops inside the door. The door card must be removed to adjust these. You can also tilt the top of the glass inward and outward by adjustment inside the door. You can also adjust the tilt front to rear inside the door.

Due to the "newness" of the new seals, you may have an issue with the new rubber just pushing on the glass too much?? I have to open my doors to run the windows all the way up and then close my doors. I've adjusted everything possible, replaced the motor springs, lubed the motors, siliconed the new seals and still it wont go all the way up with the doors closed. If this is your issue, not much you can do.

Spraying silicone on the new seals will help with installation of the t tops as well as the doors opening and closing. It will also keep your glass from sticking to the new seals.

I love the sound of closing the doors now with all new seals. :D It's like a tight drum. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CRC is nice. :agree:

Is your issue that the motor is just not pushing the glass all the way up or is your glass hitting the stops before it makes a good seal? There are upward and downward stops inside the door. The door card must be removed to adjust these. You can also tilt the top of the glass inward and outward by adjustment inside the door. You can also adjust the tilt front to rear inside the door.

Due to the "newness" of the new seals, you may have an issue with the new rubber just pushing on the glass too much?? I have to open my doors to run the windows all the way up and then close my doors. I've adjusted everything possible, replaced the motor springs, lubed the motors, siliconed the new seals and still it wont go all the way up with the doors closed. If this is your issue, not much you can do.

Spraying silicone on the new seals will help with installation of the t tops as well as the doors opening and closing. It will also keep your glass from sticking to the new seals.

I love the sound of closing the doors now with all new seals. :D It's like a tight drum. :thumbsup:
Thanks Blk I was hoping you would chime in! I have not put on the silicone yet I was going to wait till I have everything in. But if I do put up the window while it is open it does NOT go all the way. So I need to open up the door and mess with the adjustments? Cool Thanks. I am doing one side at a time.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Thanks Blk I was hoping you would chime in! I have not put on the silicone yet I was going to wait till I have everything in. But if I do put up the window while it is open it does NOT go all the way. So I need to open up the door and mess with the adjustments? Cool Thanks. I am doing one side at a time.
Yes. Sounds like you need to mess with the adjustments. :agree: Just don't loosen to many adjustments at the same time until you get a feel for what each adjustment does. Ask me how I know. :laughing:

If you just need to go up, that should be real easy. Just move the two upper stop up. :thumbsup:

If you need to tilt the glass in or out or front to rear, it get's a little more tricky, but it's not rocket science.

One side note.....if you raise the top stops (which is what it sounds like you need) you may have to move the entire glass toward the rear of the door also. As you raise the glass, the glass will also move forward/tighten up the front glass to seal edge. This may cause issues with closing the door if the glass is pushed to tight into the front pillar seal.

I adjusted mine so that I had a nice even fit all the way around.

With the glass all the way up...
1. (height) The glass should make a snug fit with the t top.
2. (rear)The glass should be parallel to the rear seal and cover about 1/2 of the rear seal.
3. (front)The glass needs to be parallel to the front windshield pillar seal as the door closes.
4. (tilt inward/outward) The glass needs to make contact with all of the seals at approximately the same time when you close the door. (The glass must be parallel to the rear seal and the front seal slot when the door is almost closed to keep from binding and permit the door to close easily as well as help the glass to go up and down with the door closed. If your glass leans in or out at the top too much, it will not close or seal well.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to think I can get it done. I will pull the cover and start with the up and down. I think that will do it. Thanks for the help. What silicone did you use?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I like to think I can get it done. I will pull the cover and start with the up and down. I think that will do it. Thanks for the help. What silicone did you use?
I don't remember the brand.
It's labeled "100% silicone".
It's an aerosol spray.
I bought it at my local Ace Hardware.

I'm sure any parts store would have it also. I was told by CRC that it was a good idea to use the silicone and they suggested to contact GM parts for the GM brand. I spoke to my local GM and they said they just buy it local from the parts store. :laughing: The local GM service department uses the silicone spray in the winter on everything they wash so that the doors don't freeze shut. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts