Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 sets of c5 wheels 17 front and 18 rear. or all 18s .will the 17/18 stagger muffup the ABs? And anything else?

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
we put my c5 wheels on my friends 91 with no issues. I run 19" wheels on my 89 no issues..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C4 for life

This is a really cool tool. I still end up with a 1 inch diameter delta. I guess I need to change the bias spring to keep the rear brakes fooled a little.
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
On cars and trucks that have antilock brakes (ABS) equipped cars and trucks, most vehicle manufacturers say replacement tires should be the same size as the originals. This is necessary because the diameter of the tire affects how the wheel speed sensors read, which in turn affect the operation of the ABS (and traction control) system. Changing to a larger or smaller diameter tire, or installing different sized tires front and rear can upset the operation of the ABS system. This may create braking problems and/or cause the ABS warning light to come on (which means the system is deactivated). But I like the other people who have posted have changed wheel &/or tire size with no ill effects on different makes & modles, except for the speedometter error, mine right now is 5MPH faster then what I'm really doing. So I think what willg1966 posted " seriously no one knows?" is probley accrete.
Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts