Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after haveing parts everywhere over the last few months,sorting through poor quality parts,so called "qualified shops" treating my car like its a beater and getting pelted by a fist full of rocks at 40 MPH from a little girl on my first test drive after getting my wheels on this afternoon ....im gonna post these pictures BEFORE something else happens! :crazy:

so tell me what you think !!

I redone the interior new wheels wheels sidepipes and yes even added some subtle LEDs ..yea shame on me but hey i gotta be different ....

heres the wheel i settled on

the fender fill I ended up with

some interior (my custom carbon fiber look alike installed) :laughing:

and my LED experiment!:rolling:

and just for the record the Leds dont make it looke like a low flying UFO :smack ..there really subtle i was looking more for blue lettering than the neon ground effect look:down:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
im lovin the carbon fiber look for the interior. do you have a video of what the CF looks like when viewing from different angles (like real or not?) :cheers:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
That looks real nice. What's the trim around the edge of the center console? Looks like the side pipes would melt the LED's.:huh: Keep up the great work!:cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im lovin the carbon fiber look for the interior. do you have a video of what the CF looks like when viewing from different angles (like real or not?) :cheers:
there are some videos out there on one of the sites (Metro restyling has some) but unfortunatly videos are still deceptive ...its calls 3d carbon vinyl wrap but while it is textured it doesnt have the look of depth that the real thing has ....but it still looks like its own thing and better than the flat black to me i really wanted to spice up the interior without going over board.

on the LEDs melting ..there actually attached to the heat shields faceing inward reflecting off the sidepipe ..had them a while and no issues melting ...yet lol (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Love the interior. :thumbsup:

I can't imagine the LED's and wiring will last on the sidepipes. The heat will get to them.

Car has a great stance too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cool, great to see someone doing something out of the box, The LED's are subtle....it will be interesting to see how long they last.
I'll be needing some side pipe covers and have looked at the corvette and stingray script.

I myself have a fair bit of Fiberglass/molding experience and was thinking of molding carbon seat back, headlights fairings etc. The film looks great though, you must have a lot of patience to get it in to those tight spots.

:thumbsup:

Liam.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the LEDs I have had them on for about a month and have driven alot so I know im in no danger of melting them .

I have actually gotten in the habit of feeling them everytime I get out of the car I checked so much when I first put them on ..I do it without thinking now ...there right on the bottom of the heat shield to be honest most of the time they dont even feel warm even after an hour drive ..guess they get alot of air flow and the shields are attached with the heat buffer material they came with..im sure they will have a shorter life span than they might inside the car ...but so far so good.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Inside and out. Looks great. :partyon:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
:thumbsup::partyon:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like it! It gives a new look the the dash panels.:thumbsup: