Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new wheels arrive on wednesday, been waiting six weeks,am on tender hooks.they are 17x11 and 17x9.5,had a local guy measure up the 11s to fit under my 86 rearend with 315s. will post pics asap when they are on. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
patrick i wish,no but that is my goal .i just love the pro street look and i know it old hat ond not what a vette is all about but i cant get it out my system, am just an old guy who cant get rid of the drag racing heratige.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mike i just sent you a message re your old wheels.
i was just going through some old photos from the vet show in cannington and found your car. nice car sure will look good with 17's
where are you based

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks dan ,still undecided -the big scoop or the little scoop. heading towards the big one so far plus when i do a big block i will need the extra room.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
What style wheels did you go with? Also I like the smaller scoop if you could close the front opening on it. A Stealth Ram is my next mod. How do you like yours? What else is done to your motor?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi raid, i bought the small scoop for the opening to force cold air in and out my hood vents when i get those. it s from one of our local cars and you can get them with out the opening.so far all i have done is the stealth ram and the usual stuff we all do soon as we get a vette. am booked in for long tube headers twin pipes and magnaflows next week. got some 3:73 gears to go in and some nitrous is next on the list. thats all i am doing with this engine as i want to go b/b in a year or two.the wheels are from a local wheel company(copy of the pro star wheel) but i had them redisign it to smooth the face.tried to attach a copy but would'nt go youll have to wait for the snap shot :D :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new wheels photos

sorry guys meant to post last tuesday nite but forgot, got sidetracked.will post daylite pics this weekend,promise. what do you think of these check my photos:thumbsup:

<EDIT-Click pic for larger version. More pics in the gallery

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,618 Posts
Those wheels look great Mike. I went ahead and put two of the pics in your post for you.

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
I love those wheels, sweet!

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
66 Posts
:surprised now that is the exact style wheels i have been looking for and can't find anywhere.:( they look awsome!!!!:thumbsup: :cheers: how can i get a set of those in 11-12 in wides in the rear and 4-6 in for the front. i like the pro street drag look also.;)

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GS977 hi. thanks for the comps. on my wheels. Look if you are serious about geting some of these wheels i could arrange things thru the guy i deal with. Unfortunatley i am in australia and thats where they come from.
I got 17x11 &17x9.5 which cost me $3400 just for the wheels, no tyres so with the cost of shipping ??????. I looked for over a year both in oz and u.s to find something unique, plus this guy measures everything to get the right offset and max front space on the wheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts