Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Pulled the trigger yesterday. Got a black/black 2007 Z. Had 4 miles on the odo.

I tell you what, dealers are ready to deal....Big Time...

I had my price set, and what I wanted in trade, and that was it.
If they didn't take it, I would just wait till the '08's came out. They took it.

Now the bad part. No Navi. However, the dealer will install any aftermarket Navi I want, at no charge. (dvd type or harddrive).

I need some help in deciding which one to get

The car had the chrome wheels, they were ok, but I like the polished better. I happen to notice they had an atomic orange with the polished wheels sitting on the other side of the lot. I asked them to swap the wheels, and they did, no problem. I guess they realized the chrommies are $1,995, and the polished are $1,495.

The brake dust is HORRIFIC!!!!!! :down:

Road noise, couldn't tell any difference between the '07 vs '04. Still loud.

I've only put about 145 miles on her so far, I do like it.. I can tell there is a sleeping beast waiting to raise its head.

Comparing the 2007 Z to my 2004 Z, I think the interior of the 2004 is better, (more user friendly) looks better too. (especially at night).

Pulled the fuse, just to see if I liked it. Put it back in. I think it sounds wicked when the rpm's come up and it opens on its own.

The ride is very similiar to my 04, smooth and solid. No squeaks or rattles.

I noticed some of the body panels, especially the rear of the car is really thin compared to my 04, I guess that's to save some weight.

Don't know yet if I like the push button start.

I think the '07 feels a little smaller, and I like that. Seems the cockpit is tighter (if that makes sense).

Thus far, I'm glad I got it, and really look forward to driving it more. I feel very fortunate to have this car.

Filled up last night, took 9.6 gallons to travel 145 miles. So, its getting 15.104 miles to the gallon. Of course this is in 4th and 5th gears and varying the speed.

The paint is excellent, very little orange peel. Looks like the factory screwed up on mine.

Maybe to sum it up, the C6 Z06 is a Thoroughbred, and the 2001-2004 Z06s are fine race horses

augydog :cheers:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Congrats to you. Hoping your next report is more enthusiastic, though.

Joel

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hang on tight it will grow on you and you will never be the same...:devil:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats, its nice to hear some opinions like yours every once in a while... lets us know what the reality of owning a sports car is like

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you don't like it after some more time - give it to me. I'll let you know if your right or not :smack

BTW I did hear dealers are now selling under sticker for the Z, can anyone confirm this? I wonder how much!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Z06 Under MSRP

I was able to get mine for 2K under MSRP but it took quite a bit of :whip: work (and time) at the dealership.

They started at 30K over MSRP ($107,230.00) and I said why don't you just :nuts: me twice at that price.

All I can say is do your homework and be informed and prepared. Also, and most importantly, don't be afraid to walk out the door. I found 5 cars in my local area (different dealers) and let the selling dealer know that. Told them that if you won't negotiate, just tell me now so I don't waste my time or yours.

Sites like this are a TREMENDOUS help these days in staying informed on what's going on in the 'true' market world.

·
Banned
622 Posts
:partyon: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Augydog wrote: <<After 700 miles, what's a C5 Z?>>

I have 24k on my `06 and dig every second of driving this monster...Be careful out there...check your six for those Pcars.:thumbsup:
V..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts