Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the search it looks like you guys like Dr. Rebuild (weatherstriping)
Thread was a couple of years old, so is he still good?
Also will need carpet, door panels...
It's got a replacement engine in 92 (L48) but valve covers are brown???
I know it's not a tire smoker, but it's for the wife and makes her happy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomorrow it's off to the auto parts store for vac lines, new aircleaner, tune-up stuff. How hard is it to replace the plugwires?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
From the search it looks like you guys like Dr. Rebuild (weatherstriping)
Thread was a couple of years old, so is he still good?
Also will need carpet, door panels...
Doc Rebuild has nothing but the best parts.

Al Knoch is the best for interiors.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Congrats to the lucky lady:cheers:
You shouldn't have any problems changing plug wires:thumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doc Rebuild has nothing but the best parts.

Al Knoch is the best for interiors.
Thanks, since the thread was alittle old just wanted to make sure he was still around. So far it looks like it's easier to find parts than my buicks..but that's all part of the fun.:cheers:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Almost forgot...Header and exhaust options since it looks mostly orginal. No emissions to worry about.
I was first thinking of sidepipes, but not sure. Would like some options of what you guys are running.

TIA
Jim

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
http://www.docrebuild.com/

I would suggest your first purchase be a copy of the Helms/GM Shop manual.
:agree:
DOn't bother with Haynes or CLymer.
And the assembly manual is not a bad idea either. Even if you are just replacing stuff, it makes your life easier.

Welcome. If you have any questions, just throw them out on the forum. SOmeone will jump in and help.

:cheers:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Those valve covers are the magnesium 84-86 C4 perimeter bolt valve covers, that same cover later changed to centerbolt style. They are very nice if you clean them up. If the engine came with those covers you may have an 84-86 engine. All are 2pc main seal engines, flat tappet cams. The 84 is actually the most desireably as it has 464664 L82 TRW forged pistons, the later does not. If it is one of those years of engines it should have 462624 heads, a pass side dipstick (can only see your tranny dispstick in the pic) and the block should be 14810207

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to DC...

My car was in roughly the same condition as yours when I purchased it 2 months ago. I've spent every waking (non-working) hour cleaning, scrubbing, buffing, waxing, and detailing.

That car just needs a little LOVE !!! Some cleaners, a little semi-flat black trim paint, and a high speed polisher and you'll be all set !!

Here's mine... (after resto)...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those valve covers are the magnesium 84-86 C4 perimeter bolt valve covers, that same cover later changed to centerbolt style. They are very nice if you clean them up. If the engine came with those covers you may have an 84-86 engine. All are 2pc main seal engines, flat tappet cams. The 84 is actually the most desireably as it has 464664 L82 TRW forged pistons, the later does not. If it is one of those years of engines it should have 462624 heads, a pass side dipstick (can only see your tranny dispstick in the pic) and the block should be 14810207
Dip stick is on the right side, just back from picking up tune-up stuff, vac lines,etc...Wife said time to go to work.

Welcome to DC...

My car was in roughly the same condition as yours when I purchased it 2 months ago. I've spent every waking (non-working) hour cleaning, scrubbing, buffing, waxing, and detailing.

That car just needs a little LOVE !!! Some cleaners, a little semi-flat black trim paint, and a high speed polisher and you'll be all set !!
Thanks and nice looking car :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts