Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I are looking to get him a new car.
He loves Corvettes... so Im thinking of getting a 1992 Corvette 6 speed (100k miles, $8000)

in fact, here she is:

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7liter LT1 V8 1G1YY23P0N5103339

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corvette Black on Black 6 speed standard transmission (new clutch 2003) CLEAR TITLE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTIONS INCLUDE:
Air Conditioning, Removable Smoke Glass Roof Panel w/ sun screen Power Widows, Leather Seats, Power Door locks, Power Mirrors, Tilt wheel, Cruise control, Bose Stereo CD Cassette AM/FM

NEW ITEMS: Paint, Smoke Glass Roof, Brakes, Distributor, Battery, Clutch, Starter, Water-pump, Rear tires.

NEEDS A LOOK: The Bose Stereo Amplifiers in the rear sound scratchy.
The CD occasionally sticks in the player.
Blows fuse periodically on cruise/mirror circuit.
Standard normal wear on carpet and leather.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Welcome!! :buhbye:

Everything looks good from what I could see. Check all the weatherstrip. You should take it to a shop and take a look at the bottom side. Look at the suspension bushings and check for missing/broken parts and look for missing bolts. $8k sounds fair to me even with the problems it's having now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id be looking to upgrade the suspension to a coilover kit

Id also be looking to upgrade the cooling system (are there ways or kits available to increase the airflow to the front of the car?)

is this car affected by the Skip-shift thing?
Id need to disable that for autocross/track/schools

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I think if you just put in a bigger radiator, all you'd need is an aux. fan if the car doesn't have one and a debris screen. An electric water pump is another consideration. I have a stock radiator, stock water pump and only a single cooling fan to go with my 160F stat. When I'm running it hard my L98 see 210-230F on the oil and 180-200F for the coolant.

Take out the spare tire and jack to loose almost 30lbs., you could also loose quite a bit of weight in the exhaust. I have my 87 down to just over 3000lbs w/o gas and I still have all the interior pieces and I even have seat covers. :thumbsup: I have a lot of my parts weighed and documented in my web page in the sig., there you can see where I lost the weight.

I think that car does have the CAGS system on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts