Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Official Forklift Driver
5,597 Posts
Welcome!! :buhbye:

Everything looks good from what I could see. Check all the weatherstrip. You should take it to a shop and take a look at the bottom side. Look at the suspension bushings and check for missing/broken parts and look for missing bolts. $8k sounds fair to me even with the problems it's having now.

· Official Forklift Driver
5,597 Posts
I think if you just put in a bigger radiator, all you'd need is an aux. fan if the car doesn't have one and a debris screen. An electric water pump is another consideration. I have a stock radiator, stock water pump and only a single cooling fan to go with my 160F stat. When I'm running it hard my L98 see 210-230F on the oil and 180-200F for the coolant.

Take out the spare tire and jack to loose almost 30lbs., you could also loose quite a bit of weight in the exhaust. I have my 87 down to just over 3000lbs w/o gas and I still have all the interior pieces and I even have seat covers. :thumbsup: I have a lot of my parts weighed and documented in my web page in the sig., there you can see where I lost the weight.

I think that car does have the CAGS system on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.