Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has headers with side pipes. I would like to remove them and install a full quiet exhaust with the hide away mufflers. I have been looking at a few systems, the one I would like is listed for a 1979, like mine, but also says L82. My car is an L48, will it still fit. I have already bought manifolds. I would like the full dual kit, no y pipe.
Thanx
Tom

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just had the Pypes SCC10R set delivered to my doorstep. Should be installed by mid month. I found an amazing price using Google shopping...don't know if can tell you which store in this forum but can PM. I've seen older postings about fitment but that's supposed to be fixed. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You might just look into going to a custum muffler shop they can get everythng tucked up tite and neat.
Your not going to use headers?
What kind of side pipes do you have and what is there condition?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Side pipes and headers are not worth selling, poor condition and were generic made to fit.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Call the folks who have the pipes you want and ask what's up. The L-82 and L-48 are the same 350 blocks and are diminsionally the same size. What fits the L-82 ought to fit the L-48.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
If dual cats are within budget they'll act as mini-mufflers and flow plenty good for a car with manifolds.
But you better be prepared for a very, boomy exhaust sound as they pass all of the low frequency noise which goes thru everything. Just like a subwoofer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts