Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello yall, yep, I'm from Alabama. An Old Geezer, had Corvettes all my life, I've been a member of the other Corvette Forum a while and found this one by accident. Have a 99 C5 vert and a 05 C6 Coupe. In the process of a wide body conversion on the C6. It's torn down right now waiting on parts from the Chevy dealer. Just wanted to say hello and thank yall for letting me be a part of this group also.
Dennis

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Welcome to DC... and you better be 70 if you want the title of Old Geezer we card around here...:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to DC , Dennis . I grew up in B'ham and return 3-4 times a year to visit family . Drove my first Vette , a '72 coupe on those southern streets . Be sure to post some pics when the widebody is done . Who knows , maybe I'll drop by to see it in person . Best wishes . Larry
:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to DC , Dennis . I grew up in B'ham and return 3-4 times a year to visit family . Drove my first Vette , a '72 coupe on those southern streets . Be sure to post some pics when the widebody is done . Who knows , maybe I'll drop by to see it in person . Best wishes . Larry

:D
Larry:
Come by anytime you are in town. It hasn't changed much! I've been driving these streets a long time in plastic, my first was a Red 54 inline 6 with a powerglide tranny, many many years ago. Wrecked it in Carbon Hill, Al. Haven't escaped the fever after all these years. Hope I never do. Come by we'll toast one. :cheers:
Dennis

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Welcome to DC. I have several Corvette friends in the Birmingham area. Perhaps I'll see you at an event soon. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
welcome to D/C my best U.S. Navy friend lives down your way !! now hes the old geeeeezer !!! we been friends 40 years now !! dont think he knows what a corvette is except the 1969 in 69 that I took him for one of the fastest ride hes ever had ! except a few good old navy stuff [ s2f ] plane or the huey that went somewhat faster !! I would make him white knuckle all day long :rolling:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD! :cheers:

And greetings from Woodstock, I worked in B'ham for 10+ years but now
I'm working in Tuscaloosa maybe our paths will cross soon.

Which Chevy dealer you trade with? Let me guess.....Ivan Leonard :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WELCOME ABOARD! :cheers:

And greetings from Woodstock, I worked in B'ham for 10+ years but now
I'm working in Tuscaloosa maybe our paths will cross soon.

Which Chevy dealer you trade with? Let me guess.....Ivan Leonard :D
I've been using Serra Chevrolet in Center Point before it was Serra. I've had an account with them at least 15 years.:D Those widebody parts are a little more affordable this way. :D
Thanks for all the welcomes guys, looking forward to meeting all of yall at some upcoming events!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I've been using Serra Chevrolet in Center Point before it was Serra. I've had an account with them at least 15 years.:D Those widebody parts are a little more affordable this way. :D
Thanks for all the welcomes guys, looking forward to meeting all of yall at some upcoming events!
I just assumed Ivan cause most of the new Vettes I see usually come
from there. If there is still a guy working in the Parts Dept. at Serra named
Chris Childers tell him I said hello. :D I worked in their bodyshop in the early
'90s when I first moved to B'ham.

Anyhow......Glad your here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Chris Childers tell him I said hello. :D I worked in their bodyshop in the early

welcome from huntsville al sts57c5

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The only guy left that you probably know in parts is JC who takes care of the service dept and fills in on the wholesale counter. Thanks for the welcomes guys, glad to be here..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts