Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

My name is is Tim. I'm originally from NY, but relocated to NC 2 years ago. I have restored 2 Chevelles, 1 Camaro, and 1 El Camino in the past. I have wanted a Corvette my whole life. I just bought a beautiful 74 that needs just about everything.

It is a matching #s car that has not been touched and you can tell by looking underneath.

Just as a start, I would like to ask for recommendations on replacing shocks, springs, and brakes. Should I upgrade, or should I go strictly with original equipment?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Welcome Tim to DC:buhbye:
What are you going to use the car for?:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Welcome to DC. Looking forward to watching your project come together. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Everybody ! :thumbsup:

thank you for all the welcomes. Its really nice to hear from all of you.

I intend to restore the car completely mechanically, then interior, then put back the original hood and rear bumper. I will be driving the car whenever I'm off. I will not be racing it, or entering contests. I am looking for a comfortable ride. I will be going to local car shows for fun. I intend to enjoy this car as much as possible. I am a car junkie. I just wish I had the money to buy and keep several of them.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Always nice seeing another Carolina Boy on DC, even though you are in "North" Carolina! :laughing: Welcome to DC and to the south!!

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
welcome tim here there is a lot of enthusiast car buffs i mean go ahead and ask questions there is a lot of knowledge here :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Welcome Aboard. Enjoy !!!! :cheers:

·
Banned
334 Posts
Welcome new N.C. GUY

Of course there's a South Carolina but everyone knows there's only one Carolina and that's in Chapel Hill. Follow the "HEELS" and you'll se what I mean!

'08 guy
Walter:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts