Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm new to the entire C4 vette scene but I'm looking to pick a 84 up this weekend at a pretty good price. My only concern is the The digital dash works, all of the instruments work, but it only lights up occasionally. I have heard from another C4 owner that this could possibly be an expensive fix by replacing the entire instrument cluster. But I figure it could also be as simple as a ground since the cluster does light up occasionally. I would appreciate any and all help that some of the much more knowledgeable members on here could give me.

thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
It does sound like a ground issue from your description.

You can order the Digital Dash troubleshooting guide from Gordon Killebrew at this link ..

http://www.gordonkillebrew.com/pages/800740/index.htm

Gordon is a retired GM technician. He worked in the actual Corvette Action Center (NOT the internet site!) when it was operational at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant.

Good luck and have fun with the '84!

Steven

PS - Welcome to DC!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am somewhat familar with Gordon, I believe he was at Fun Fest last year doing technical reviews.

I'm new to the C4 platform, I have spent more time on C5's in my past but at this time going to hold off on the C5 purchase until I can pick up the right 04 Z06.

Thanks for the welcoming and the help. I'm most likely going to pick the car up this weekend. Seems like a pretty good deal the dash is the only issue at all with the car minus the paint showing some spider cracks on the front bumper but it is 22 years old so I can't nit pick to much and paint can always be fixed, plus it only has 93K miles. Plus looks like I may be able to walk away with it for $4,000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts