Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I found this site. Got it from an incedental post on the CF, of all places. And no, I'm not using Zaino. Someone actually corrected me for pronouncing it wrong. Had to say it wrong a few more times before he stopped correcting. Oh well.
Had a '56 Vette back in the 1960's but stayed away until the stlying of the C-6 pulled me back. This C-6 has the flair of the first Vettes.
Am older at nearly 60 now so more intersted in the style and overall performance of the C-6 as opposed to driving on two wheels but I have done that most of what you speak of and worse.
I still don't plan on backing down but feel I've used maybe 7 of those 9 lives and might want to be on the conservative side. Have street rods as well so can stay challenged.
Glad to be on this board.

'07 C6 coupe, 6spd, Victory Red 1LT

:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,830 Posts
Welcome to DC. Glad you found us. You'll find things are different here so jump right in, the waters find.

What kind of street rods do you have. Right now I've got a '41 Chevy, '8- Camaro clip, chopped 4.5 inches, tilt front end, cowl induction scoop and a '30 Model A roadster, no top, no fenders and a 500 cube Caddy

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome, newbie here too. I had an 07 and traded it for an 08. Crazy huh? Us over 60 guys get crazy. But I had the money in my sock so why not enjoy it before time runs out.

I see your 07 is a 1LT? I have a 1LT silver auto, NPP, 2.73, and QX3 chrome wheels. I came up when auto, PS and PBs was loaded. Can't imagine why anyone would need more gadgets than the 1LT car has.

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
Welcome to the DC Crew! Glad to have you here:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Is it my imagination or, am I seeing a sudden mass exodus from over there?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Welcome PWOG- I think you'll find a lot of friendly and very helpful people here on DC.

8850- us 30 year olds are crazy too. I did the same thing...bought an '07 in July, sold it with 3600 miles on it and bought a '08 last week.

A

·
Registered
565 Posts
Welcome! Not quite 60, but I can see it approaching up ahead. No street rods, but:

'69 and '72 GTOs
'70 Formula 400
'74, '88, '97 and 2000 T/As
'78, '85 Z-28s

wife still has '87 Grand National

and my '06 Vette (plus a Jeep and G5)

Great forum, good info and a lot of fun. While CF does have good info, the fun part is certainly lacking.

:cheers:

PS having nothing to do with anything, and hijacking the thread...:spanked: my '03 Grand Cherokee is getting almost 2mpg better since I put Q-state full synthetic in it. I was amazed--that's better than a 10 % improvement. Funny, though Q isn't approved by GM for the Vette. It is by Ferrari.

Now, back to greetings...:partyon:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome PWOG- I think you'll find a lot of friendly and very helpful people here on DC.

8850- us 30 year olds are crazy too. I did the same thing...bought an '07 in July, sold it with 3600 miles on it and bought a '08 last week.

A
Whew! I'm sure glad I'm not the only crazy one.

I paid $9685 difference for my 08. It has the better heads and intake, NPP, 2.73 and the expensive chrome wheels that my 07 did not have. I would have paid as much or more with labor to upgrade my 07 with heads, NPP and the 2.73 and still would have had 12 cubic inches less. Not to mention improved steering and all the other improvements. Some maybe not so good like Onstar, XM radio. I don't regret at all going with my 08!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Me too! After almost 5 years on cf they've finally pushed too far. Glad someone pointed me to DC!
:agree: I tried to ignore the biased information the moderators condoned and threatening to ban members for saying they liked K&N over Halltech. The ads were the straw that broke the camels back. Suck it CF!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome! Yes the company that now owns the other forum is really flushing it down the toilet. :toilet

Lots of friendly folks here that aren't so holier than thou which plagues the other place. I like the smileys better too. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome! Yes the company that now owns the other forum is really flushing it down the toilet. :toilet

Lots of friendly folks here that aren't so holier than thou which plagues the other place. I like the smileys better too. :)
The threads on CF objecting to the ads and helping people find ways to block them just vanished. I was reading one of them and got "you don't have authority to read this item" (or words to that effect) message. Then I did a screen refresh and they were simply gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to DC. Glad you found us. You'll find things are different here so jump right in, the waters find.

What kind of street rods do you have. Right now I've got a '41 Chevy, '8- Camaro clip, chopped 4.5 inches, tilt front end, cowl induction scoop and a '30 Model A roadster, no top, no fenders and a 500 cube Caddy
Well, I have a '34 Ford coupe-glass-with a stock 350 and TH350 auto. Pete and Jakes frame with 4 bars and coil overs. Works for me and looks sooo stock no one can tell it's a glass body.
Have a second in the works and will build over the winter. Either going to duplicate the Ed Iskenderian model T or more likely a new-made steel '32. Need to put a hotter engine in this one and maybe a four or five speed so I can relive those thrilling days of yesteryear.
Built the '34 to avoid paying the state excise tax for a Supra I wanted to buy then. Silly me on the Supra. Built the '34 for a lot and spent $15 getting it registered. And the Governor had that much less to donate to those intent on living off my labor. Sorry. And then I moved state but that's another story.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The threads on CF objecting to the ads and helping people find ways to block them just vanished. I was reading one of them and got "you don't have authority to read this item" (or words to that effect) message. Then I did a screen refresh and they were simply gone.
Yeah the mods nuked almost every thread so that only one merged thread exists which includes text from IB employees. Not like I care what IB has to say anyway because they obviously didn't ask us what we thought until they started seeing members leaving. I still think they don't give a ****.

·
Registered
2021 Eighth Generation 3LT Z51 Coupe
17 Posts
Yeah the mods nuked almost every thread so that only one merged thread exists which includes text from IB employees. Not like I care what IB has to say anyway because they obviously didn't ask us what we thought until they started seeing members leaving. I still think they don't give a ****.
Hey Dude - I expect we will see more of each other over here!

I may even become a supporting member, though I may wait for a while before I spring for a life time membership - like I did at CF. I didn't spend so much time here because of the blue background - but it beats the advertisements;) I'll learn to deal with it....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts