Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again there:::

This just an Idea as I run a bunch of -other sites-
and do have web boards such as this and what we have is a "Newbie Section" for the new people that join and post some general posting guidelines just to keep everyone happy and how to tell the Newbies to do a thread search on some of the allready covered posts so you dont get the same thread after thread thingy.. well that about covers it...

I will be glad to give you any ideas if you have any questions as what all the newbies say when they loose there Nebie Title is::::::: I once Was A Newbie :^) and that's a good thing to remember..

So I am making as many Post's To GeT Past My Newbie Status..

LOL

Will

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Red7 said:
Hi again there:::

This just an Idea as I run a bunch of -other sites-
and do have web boards such as this and what we have is a "Newbie Section" for the new people that join and post some general posting guidelines just to keep everyone happy and how to tell the Newbies to do a thread search on some of the allready covered posts so you dont get the same thread after thread thingy.. well that about covers it...

I will be glad to give you any ideas if you have any questions as what all the newbies say when they loose there Nebie Title is::::::: I once Was A Newbie :^) and that's a good thing to remember..

So I am making as many Post's To GeT Past My Newbie Status..

LOL

Will
WE LOVE NEWBIES!!! ::cheers:

We do have a section called "New Member Information and Site Guidelines" for newbies to learn about the site and some guidelines. The only thing we don't mention there is the drink specials in the lounge. (They change daily).

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=63

You could call us the "atypical" Corvette site. I don't think many (if any) of us care if the same question is asked more than once.... and it's probably a losing battle (and borderlines on "unfriendly") to make/remind people to search before posting. To me it sounds like "don't bother us, we've talked about that before"!

The most educational threads are in the archive section within each forum, and it doesn't take but a moment to link them to a thread where there was a similar discussion before. Plus, it's more personal and allows us a chance to get to know new folks.

Here is the C4 "archive" section for example...

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=24

It's funny that as soon as a newbie becomes an un-newbie, they start welcoming new newbies!

I love this place.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Reply :>)

Kool

Nuff

Said

LOL .......You did a Nice Follow up......... !

:cheers:

I like That Free Drink Idea !!!!!

Will

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Re: Good Reply :>)

Red7 said:
Kool

Nuff

Said

LOL .......You did a Nice Follow up......... !

I like That Free Drink Idea !!!!!

Will
All drinks are free in the lounge... as long as it comes from your house! We tried to send drinks through the internet before, but folks just kept shorting out their computers.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,773 Posts
Re: Re: NewBie Idea Oh No -- :^)

Patrick96LT4 said:
It's funny that as soon as a newbie becames an un-newbie, they start welcoming new newbies!
And if you watch, you'll even see newbies welcoming other newbies. That just show that this is a fun place to be

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TY

Thanks For The Welcome :')

You will see a lot of me in a few months
if all goes well, now I am fixing my 2001 Astro Cargo
van as someone tryed to steal it...

Ordered the part yesterday those air bags and
steering wheels nowdays are hard to pull off as I had
a old astro 1986 and they did not have all that bullshiz on there .

Will

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Welcome to the site Red7
The reason we don't mind the same question being asked over and over is because no matter how much it's covered some of us still don't get it.:laughing: :laughing:

Good luck on the van.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts

Thought I'd say my 2 cents of Hi newbie. from a newbie...lol
Got the drink thing going now!!! UVBLUE and Lemonlime.mmmmmmmmm a girly drink.lol

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Thought I'd say my 2 cents of Hi newbie. from a newbie...lol
Got the drink thing going now!!! UVBLUE and Lemonlime.mmmmmmmmm a girly drink.lol
lmblady Welcome to DC, and where the heck is Surprise, Az going to have to look that one up on the map...:huh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts