Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
long time reader, second time poster.

I'm lookin for an older Corvette, 1968 - 1972 convertible, in driveable condition for around $9- or $10,000. Anybody got any ideas where I could find such a fixer-upper?

I've looked on AutoTrader.com, eBay, and CollectorCarTrader.com to no avail. They generally want $20,000 or more for their rather pristine rides. I'm looking for something I can replace the engine in and maybe paint a different color. Therefore, engine and color don't really make a difference to me. Transmission isn't a huge issue, either. I'd prefer a manual, but I realize I'm already limiting my choices by looking for a specific year and a convertible.

thoughts? ideas? websites? barns?

I'm in the Southeast Georgia area and am willing to travel. I frequent Atlanta and am only a hop skip and a jump from Jacksonville, FLA USA.

thanks guys.

Jim

p.s. I've also got a '01 C5 for sale, if ya'll know anybody interested.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I too am looking for a chrome bumper C3. I saw one last weekend in Portage Indiana. It was a 70 convertible, small block, auto, PS, PB. No A/C, or tilt. The condition of the car was just fair.

I will try to describe it for you: The repaint was very shiney but poor quality, Some of the chrome was already replaced. The interior needed replacing but it was driver quality as is. Engine was recently pulled and all gaskets replaced. Owner said rebuilt but I question that. Engine ran well when warm. Trans shifted smoothly but would not kick down. Fiber no work. Dash lighting no work. Brakes very grabby. Convertible Top shot, frame has surface rust. Under hood very dirty. No obvious frame rust but we did not raise the car to look closely. The car was basically a 20 footer that needed resto.

He is asking $13500 which is overpriced for it's condition. He will eventually figure that out. You can contact the seller at 219-764-3320 directly if you are interested.

I am not interested in this one. Needs too much work for me to handle.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm putting my flame suit on.

OK.....ready now.

Stay away from the 68 and 69. I've read a number of times about those having odd hard to get parts. Of, course if you plan on replacing a whole bunch of stuff anyway, then maybe it won't matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts