Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a to get a set of brake rotors. I looked at the slotted ones on ebay for $206. the feedback all looks good. I dont need slotted, in fact worried about rain. Has anyone here used them? Also am interested in seat covers, but I have only seen what ebay has to offer. Could someone reccomend a vendor for these items? If you dont want to put it "out there", would you please send me any private info [email protected].
Thanks
Tom

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
You answered your own question, you don't need slotted rotors. A stock rotor with correct brake setup is all you need for a great brake system for a street car. As for covers it comes down to Al Knock and Corvette America, pretty much that is what you're going to get from most of the vendors. I haven't heard of any major issues with them. Some vendors toss in free installation so shop around and see.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
Just be sure the brakes are correct, rotor runout under 003" and bearing endplay the same.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
Not sure which tool you're referring to, dial indicator?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not sure if Autozone carries dial indicators to lend out, but another source for inexpensive occasional use machinist tools is www.use-enco.com or www.kbctools.com.
Both of these companies carry high end tools as well.

To use a dial or digital indicator you need a mounting base.
Most common are magnetic mounting bases. The cheap ones are not as good as the high end, but for occasional checking like you need to do, they should work fine.
The trick is figuring out where to mount it so it doesn't move or break loose.

Hope this helps,

Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts