Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 94 Vette last Friday, the PO said his mechanic checked everything and there were no problems. I noticed the ASR service light was on all the time, so took it to a parts store and had them pull the codes. It came up as a 26 QDM fault, and was told it is a dealer only service to repair it. I got on another site and explained my problem and was told to check every ground connection. Its going to be this weekend hopefully before I can get under the vette to start looking. Does anyone have info on were I might need to start or an order in which to check the grounds to speed up the process? Or is there something else that might be causing me to get a 26 QDM code? This is my first Vette and I have a total of about ten minutes under the hood, but I am pretty good with a wrench and hammer.
Thanks for any assistance.
:cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Having a hammer is a must when owning these cars.:laughing: I;d like to help you on ground locations but I'm sure they changed through out the years so my knowledge of the L-98 won't help you on the LT-1. Either google wiring diagrams for the 93 or pick up an FSM. Then you will know where all the grounds are and won't be guessing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Light was on when you purchased it??

Isn't that still obd1? Surprised they could pull any codes.

Car ever fixed or parked in garage somewhere??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts