Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:
I'm New Here But, Looks Like A Great Forum. I Have A 1986 Corvette Convertible That I Bought Off A Friend That Had It Redone In A Dark Metallic Green With A White Top (only 38,000 Miles On It Now) Was Only 24,000 Miles On It When I Bought It. I Was Told It Was Used As One Of The Actual Pace Cars At Indianapolis In 86 Where A Rich Old Man In Killingworth Connecticut Bought It From There And Drove It Back Here Where He Drove Over A Curb Around 17,000 Miles And Ruined The Right Front Fender And Ripped Open The Oil Pan And Blew The Motor. My Friend Owns A Waste Removal Company And Had Seen It Sittin Outside For Years And Finally Made The Old Man An Offer. Thats When He Bought It And Had It All Repaired (including A New Motor) To Give It To His Wife For Her Birthday, Guess That Didn't Work To Well With The Kids And Only 2 Seats. Thats When I Came In. Been Driving It For About 3 Years Now And Its Been Great And A Nice Looker. Need Some Convertible Top Frame Pieces Replaced (broken), Does Anyone Know Were To Look? Well Look Forward To More Vette Stories. I Race Chevy Monte Carlos At A Local Nascar Track And They Always Love It When I Bring It Up There. I Have An Artificial Right Leg(motorcycle Accident 25 Years Ago) Above The Knee And Thought It Might Be Hard To Work My Feet In That Small Space But It Works Out Great. Nothing Like Going Down The Highway All Shined Up On A Sunny Day With The Top Down And All The Looks You Get. Look Forward To Getting On Here More And Talking To Some Of You Or Maybe Getting Together With A Bunch Of Vettes (haven't Done That Yet). It Is Nice To See When You Go By One They Usually Wave. Talk To Ya All Later.

Pete
Clinton, Connecticut

·
Registered
89 Posts
nice vette!! welcome to DC:thumbsup:

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Welcome to DC Pete, Glad to hear you got one hell of a Vette and found the best place on the net. As for the vert pieces I'm sure that one of the C4 guys will chime in about that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Welcome to DC :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,433 Posts
Welcome to DC Pete. Glad you're here with us

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome everyone:

Not sure how to put pictures on here but, if I can figure it out I would be proud to show my vette off. Just buried dad over the weekend and spread his ashes on the start finish line at Waterford Speedbowl then we all did green, white, checkered laps. At the end (vette was the pace car and had my race car behind me with everyone else behind that) proceeded to do a nice burn out with the vette down the straightaway in honor off dad, was really cool with the checkered flag. He's now racing forever. Will try to get on here when I can. Still need covertible top frame parts if anyone knows were ? Looks like you guys got some pretty nice cars.

All take care
Pete:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts