Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as of yesterday i am the newest vette owner in hawaii. i am on the island of maui and on my first day here i spotted a c1 and c4. i will have to wait 30 days before my car gets shipped from florida.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Awesome!!:thumbsup: What color/ year did you get? I live in Fl, what city is it being shipped from? Maybe I can test drive it for ya.:devil: Post some pics. Congrats dude!:cheers:

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
A C1 on Maui?!? DE, you need to get pics of that ASAP!

Oh, and congrats o going to HI. The cost of living is high, but I loved it when I lived on Oahu.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
My favorite island....:cheers:
I hear the Maui track is awesome,the Oahu track sucks..
Lots of vettes on all islands.
What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i have seen 3 confirmed vettes the red c1 which i drove past and a red and silver c4 which i spotted driving past as i was walking around.

i was living in miramar till about 3 days ago so i got to drive it 200 miles before i flew out here. (2002 black z06 :devil: )

i work for international bridge (myib.com) all i am doing is picking up boxes from delta and dropping them off at the local post offices of maui. its great cause i get to see alot of the island and get to know the roads. i am working a complete opposite schedule as i did back at home but my day seems to last alot longer.:thumbsup:

how are the vette guys getting around the front plate (law?) here in hawaii all the cars i see have them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

these are in south florida the day i got it. i just gave the shipper the info today and it should be out to the island at its liesurely pace of the shipper:bang i saw 3 c5's so far a blue, black, and anniversary red metalic.:thumbsup: at least im not the only c5 on the island. i still havnt found the drag strip yet but ill get to that later.

how are you all getting around the front plate law?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice ride bro.:thumbsup: Perfect color combonation, Black and chrome. I could see you have a jeep too. And a boxer was it? Holdin the fort down. I live a little bit noth of Ft. Lauderdale (Deerfield Bch) My vette is a triple black vert, 6-gun with chrome rims. Nice talkin to ya.:cheers:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea the rubicon is my moms. thats my boxer hes going to stay at my grandmothers till we find a place to live. i used to live in lighthouse point on 48th street and the intercoastal.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know a way around the Hi front plate law. Keep your Florida plate on there. How is it over there? Its been raining here. What kind of car are you using to get around the island till your Z gets there?:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea its been raining in florida alot lately just look in my pics at the dark clouds :laughing: im currently driving a minivan :spanked: till my car gets here.

if anything ill mount the plate and put the cover over it and say something stupid like o i put it on for the strip aerodynamics and mustof forgotten to take it off.:smack

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to Hawaii, neighbor! I've got a front plate on my C2 but not my C4. So far (knock wood) I haven't been stopped, but I think they won't go out of their way to pull you over for that unless they are a real hardass. But if you get stopped for something else, that'll get added to the list, along with too-dark window tinting. Ive seen a number of cops look at the car, but so far they have left me alone. I've seen a number of C4s an C5s here with no front plate, but I don't know how strictly they enforce it on Maui.

Yeah, the Oahu track does suck, but I guess after not too long we'll have no track at all. The legislature defeated a measure to give preferential tax treatment to the track owner to build a new track and the current one's lease is expiring soon. I went to JN Track Days in January and drove the ZR-1 around the road course. It was a ton of fun, even though the track is falling apart.

:cool:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I have never had a front plate on my vettes.I am really low with no recon sticker too.The officers are pretty cool on Oahu,as long as you don't get a street race reputation or act like an ass while driving,i had a problem with the Maui cops when i was there,was not fun and undeserving as well.
Iv'e been stopped many times,just get a warning,a officer in my "hood" stopped me just to check out the car one time,as you've seen already,lots of cops drive f-bodys and mustangs for their cop cars,I haven't had a ticket in 13 years now..The guy that lives on my street,has a nice Firehawk with a SLP loudmouth exhaust,and other mods,he works the graves and you can hear him cruizin the neigborhood at night.

How do you like the gas prices..:laughing: :down:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice C-5. I am with Todd on this. All 3 of our cars do not have front plates. I have been given a ticket in the past for no front plate but that was years ago. Like Todd noted do not drive like an ass and you should be fine most of the time. If the cop wants to give you a ticket he will do so. It is the price that you pay to have a nice looking car.

·
"a title"
790 Posts
Howzit brah,

Welcome and I would like to see your car sometime. I dont' have a front plate on my car either and I have my safety inspection sticker stuck to the middle of my license plate since I didn't want to put stickers on my paint (I'm moving to Virginia anyway in October). Enjoy the nice weather!

Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts