Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would think that GM would get the idea of what a "typical" Corvette buyer is looking for. I personally think that the integrated headlights were a must for the car to stay technologically in the market, but how many of us absolutely hate the jack-o-lantern mouth? From the side profile the c6 definately looks better than the c5, but from the back it looks like a modern c4. Then we take a trip into the cabin and see an interior that belongs in the malibu. I think the interior in my c5 looks better than the interior in the pics. Pretty soon we'll all be wishing for cheap plastic parts and rubbermaid switches. It's a performance car not a luxury sedan and mixing the two together is only going to water down both sides. If the c6 made a few changes (improved interior design, fill in the front facia, trim down the back bumper cover and remove the plastic trim from the exhaust tips) it would be an incredible replacement for the c5,...........but GM won't listen to any of us even though it is us that is keeping them in business!!!!!

By the way great forum!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Noone has even seen the car in person and yet there are already people "dissing" the interior on the C6, among other things....Goes to show, you can't please everyone.

I personally will hold judgment on the job GM did on the C6 till the day I finally get to see, drive, and visually inspect a C6.

Don't hate.....:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm defiantely not "dissing" the new vette, but you know as well as I do those pics ARE the c6. Some people are hoping they will change this change that, but in reality what we will see in Detroit is the same things we are seeing now. I hope it looks better in person than it does in most of the pictures, but it was the pictures of the c5 that persuaded me to take a trip to my local Chevrolet dealer to buy one. Can you honestly tell me you think "exotic sports car" when you see the pics of the interior. The c5 interior has a more "exotic" look even if it is done using cheaper materials.

·
Registered
965 Posts
:agree:
I think im going to have to see this car for my self and get a feel for all the meterial they used before i pass judgement on it

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
mdlawson01 said:
I'm defiantely not "dissing" the new vette, but you know as well as I do those pics ARE the c6. Some people are hoping they will change this change that, but in reality what we will see in Detroit is the same things we are seeing now. I hope it looks better in person than it does in most of the pictures, but it was the pictures of the c5 that persuaded me to take a trip to my local Chevrolet dealer to buy one. Can you honestly tell me you think "exotic sports car" when you see the pics of the interior. The c5 interior has a more "exotic" look even if it is done using cheaper materials.
The Corvette was never slated to be an "Exotic". It's an affordable Supercar. It's a true sports car. As far as passing judgement on the looks....I have seen pictures of the C5 that I just thought were heinous, but when I saw the car in person it was a different story. I know the pics of the C6 are the real deal, never denied that. I just think all the naysayers should chill till they can "Experience" the C6 in reality.:cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The R&T picture of the c5 and c6 next to one another was the one that really bothered me. It's the one taken from the rear with the two guys standing beside them. study that picture for a min or two instead of glancing at it and you'll notice the c5 butt looks more modern than the c6. Too many sharp edges are just as bad as having too few!

·
Registered
6 Posts
From my three Vettes each one was different and the changes from C4 to C5 were sagnificient.
In Germany, a sportscar is often used at high-speeds and the C4 couldn´t really compete with European models ( i compared it by myself ). Driving over 200 km/h for a longer time wasn´t very comfortable and the feeling not very safe, especially on an uneven surface it jumped around with the tail and You got wet hands. Also these models were technically not solid. My first one needed three automatic-transmissions.

Things changed dramatically with the C5. For this one Isold my F355.
I am driving it since 5 years and 100000 Kilometers now and often for half an hour at top-speed. It feels so safe that You can make a photo. One night I was coming home on an empty "Autobahn" and was travelling mostly over 250 km/h for 1 hour . At the exit I recogniced the icy road and the empty streets because of the warnings in the radio.
Til now I can rely on it in every second and there was never a problem.

When the C6 is better again, there is for me no reason to complain. The only thing is the 4-speed-automatic that sounds very old-fashioned compared to other cars. As I now from driving :D in the mountains and small streets i don´t like the big steps between the gears.

But let´s see - I am hot to test drive it and make my opinion then, but I am sure it will be a winner!

Greetings from Germany,

Olli :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Un till the Corvette comes with AWD, Im happy with what I have now. But then I said that when I got my MY2k coupe and that lasted about 10sec once I dorve the Z. (really I had the 2k car for just over a year)

·
Registered
209 Posts
mdlawson01 said:
The R&T picture of the c5 and c6 next to one another was the one that really bothered me. It's the one taken from the rear with the two guys standing beside them. study that picture for a min or two instead of glancing at it and you'll notice the c5 butt looks more modern than the c6. Too many sharp edges are just as bad as having too few!
:agree: The C6 looks taller and narrower. Not a desired look for the Corvette IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
SuperSonic said:
One night I was coming home on an empty "Autobahn" and was travelling mostly over 250 km/h for 1 hour . At the exit I recogniced the icy road and the empty streets because of the warnings in the radio.
Glad to see there are still times when the autobahn can accomodate high speeds. Soon when I retire, my wife will be accepting a European assignment and I plan on taking a C6 with us.

Auf Wiedersehen:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts