Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Love the color combo and side pipes .... even if the #'s don't match I'll pick up a cruiser like this some day....

Assuming it isn't perfect... is this what someone could expect to pay? Is their price right?

http://www.rogerscorvette.com/car.php?CarID=1094
Patrick,
From various shows that I attended in 2002 and other sources, I would say that the price is the going rate.

Is the price right?? that depends on you. My personal feeling is that there is not a big enough difference in price between the drivers and the original and/or restored cars.

Before I have to get out the firesuit, please understand what I mean, I am not slamming anyone here.

Taking the case in point, the asking price is $29,900.
If you look around on the net you will find a lot of Mid-Year Vettes, recent restoration to factory specs, in the $32,000 - $35,000 range.

Back to our current example. We know from the photo that the hood and the sidepipes are definitely not original. It is probably a pretty safe asumption that there are other, incorrect ( to factory specs) things about this car.

Now, if I buy this for $29,000, can I return it to original specs for the dollar difference noted above. I doubt it.

I know that not everyone is looking for a factory correct car, nor do I think they should. My only point is I would expect a bigger difference in value/price between the drivers and the restored cars than exists presently

Climbing down from soapbox........

O

·
0 Posts
You are right on the money 64Vette. That is a great reply.

Patrick, if you are looking for a cruiser, spend the few extra bucks and scoop up a nice original car... unless you pull the motor and plan to hotrod the heck out of it.... then do not ruin an original car.

Of course... you are still in the "I'd like to do it sometime" phase... so since you aren't in a hurry you'll have plenty of time to find a really nice one for the right price.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Love the color combo and side pipes .... even if the #'s don't match I'll pick up a cruiser like this some day....

Assuming it isn't perfect... is this what someone could expect to pay? Is their price right?

Pat---
I think I'd offer them less just for the principle of it. I'm confident they have a bit of "wiggle room" built in. No one but a Corvette novice would offer them a price as close to what a pristine model wouild go for (which may be what they're betting on).

Bottom line, if you really like the car, and aren't interested in owning a trailer queen (a quote" ....this car will never be in a museum" comes to mind), and if it doesn't look like they modified it with tape and glue, I'd make them an offer YOU could live with and see what happens.

:cool:

b.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Excellent point 64vette. I would probably go with a factory correct Vette, keep it original and drive it.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BubbleHead said:
Excellent point 64vette. I would probably go with a factory correct Vette, keep it original and drive it.
I have all the time in the world, when i start looking, I'll keep looking til i find the right car... right deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts