Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Those QX1 wheels are awesome. Totally changes the attitude of the car.

It's like... it's a Corvette with a splash of evil. :devil:

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick said:
Those QX1 wheels are awesome. Totally changes the attitude of the car.

It's like... it's a Corvette with a splash of evil. :devil:
very well said boss....and she's a Z-51.....perfect all the way around!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not just ugly, UGH-ugly. The wheels look like cheap painted merchandise that are covered with six months worth of brake dust ... makes the whole car look like a fugitive from a car wash. But I am sure that somebody will pay extra $ for them just because they are different. Ghetto.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Not sure if I would match those up with a yellow verte. Would love to see GM bring back Medium Spiral Gray for the C6. That might be an interesting match for those wheels.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Corvete said:
Not just ugly, UGH-ugly. The wheels look like cheap painted merchandise that are covered with six months worth of brake dust ... makes the whole car look like a fugitive from a car wash. But I am sure that somebody will pay extra $ for them just because they are different. Ghetto.
I don't know if I would be that harsh. But they do need to be a bit darker in my opinion. The light gray/magnesium color does make them look dirty{brake dusty}.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,450 Posts
I like it. The color combo really pops. The wheels and the interior fit well and give an outstanding look overall.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:smokin: :surprised

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jperaino said:
I think the chrome wheels would look a lot better. The gray is too dull for the yellow.
no doubt, but this was something different and if you were looking for something more aggressive.this was it, goes perfect with the Z-51 suspension on the car!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Corvete said:
When I think "Ghetto" I see the pimp-daddy, bling-bling, NBA, 'Sclade/Gator', Dub, chromie look that's totally out of place on a sports car. Chromie/Homie Ghetto goes great on an SUV or '65 Chebby lowrider however. Ever notice how few Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, or Lotus cars are "sportin" chrome? IMHO, the subdued high performance/race look is better suited to 400 hp/400 tq sports cars.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree with Hootbhd. Oh wait, that is how I ordered my C6 coupe! To each is own I guess. I think it is a great contrast to the yellow paint. I get lots of compliments on the rims and also got a question from a not so bright GM tech of, "Where did you get your rims powercoated?" I told him at the factory. He kind of slid away after that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
QX1 Wheels!

GHETTO? The way you spell Corvette (with One T) is what I would call "Ghetto". Talk about the pot calling the kettle Grey! You sir, with no due respect, are ignorant or jealous. I get more compliments on the wheels than any other feature on my car. Plus, at night when you're probably sleeping, they look Black. Its people that take risks in life that make a difference, and you sir are sadly not one of them.
Love,
A Proud Qx1 Victory Red 2006 Z-51 Convertible Owner.

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
powrcat said:
GHETTO? The Way You Spell Corvette (with One T, is what I would call "Ghetto". Talk about the pot calling the kettle Grey! You sir, With no due respect, are ignorant or jealous. I get more compliments on the wheels than any other feature on my car. Plus, at night when you're probably sleeping, they look Black. Its people that take risks in life that make A difference, and you sir are sadly not one of them.
Love,
I knew there was a reason I liked you bro....
rock on......

PWR-"hood" -Cat
:rolling:

email me those special pictures when you can my friend!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
powrcat said:
GHETTO? The Way You Spell Corvette (with One T, is what I would call "Ghetto". Talk about the pot calling the kettle Grey! You sir, With no due respect, are ignorant or jealous. I get more compliments on the wheels than any other feature on my car. Plus, at night when you're probably sleeping, they look Black. Its people that take risks in life that make A difference, and you sir are sadly not one of them.
Love,
ah dont worry about that guy--he's made 24 posts in almost a year--and they're all probably very similar. those rims do look sick though--especially on a black vette.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts