Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my issue of Vette Mag and there was an article in there with a very familiar Vette! It was Super James and his very cool super charged 72! Congrats James!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I just got my issue of Vette Mag and there was an article in there with a very familiar Vette! It was Super James and his very cool super charged 72! Congrats James!! :thumbsup:

Linky?

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know I looked but I think the web site is behind the publication. I guess they do this so the ones who buy the mag get first crack. It should be there next month or so if I am right.

The mag is out now you might want to pick it up when you go out. They are also doing a small block alum block build to out gun a LS7 it should be cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I've lost all interest in the Corvette publications. I used to subscribe to all of them but it's just too hard to hit all target readers. I just didn't really read them like I do other automotive magazines.

However, I will CERTAINLY go buy a copy to see Jame's Vette. It's an amazing car.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know Vette Mag might be worth your look again. I get a lot out of it and they do a lot on C3s. They changed there format and style. You will see when you pick one up. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks guys! Was pretty excited to be featured for the magazine. They took pics last March during the 12 Hours and just got around to running the story! Pretty stoked they ran a pic of my dad and I, and also included the names of some people and companies that helped out along the way. Even the dyno sheet and the pic of how the car started out made it!

The quotes were crap, but was caught off guard when they called.

Some more info about the car:

Videos:

Mods list:

Body and electrical:
-L88 Long hood (already in final paint, and slicked on both top and bottom)
-L88 flares, 4" rear, 2" front, added and then tweaked to fit tires
-Rear filler panel seams filled
-door lock holes filled in
-all badging shaved save the gas door and front cross flags emblems
-luggage rack removed and holes filled in
-wiper door removed (hood covers it now)
-front spoiler modified to fit flares
-Engine compartment smoothed and painted in a gloss black
-vacuum headlights converted to electric
-LED tail lights and upgraded housings for newer style headlights up front
-lizard skin sound and heat deadener sprayed inside and out
-fuse box replaced with updated fuse box and all new wiring
-late model F-body fuse box up front controls headlights, headlight doors, electric fans, etc.
-wires in engine compartment have been rerouted through pipe in top of fender

Drivetrain:
-LS1 out of a '03 Vette with 19,000 miles
-LS6 heads
-Lingenfelter Stage GT2-3 cam - Specifications: 207/220 duration @ .050 .573/.580
-Magnuson supercharger with LS2 snout
-90MM manual UMI throttlebody
-103mm Lingenfelter MAF sensor
-Hooker sidepipes with O2 bungs welded on backside (had to notch the frame slightly to accomplish this)
-Custom Speartech wiring harness
-Be Cool radiator with Spal electric fans
-Street and Performance AC brackets with Sanden compressor
-6 speed tranny out of '01 Camaro with 22,000 miles
-hydraulic clutch MC out of 80’s GM truck
-GM LS6 clutch
-Scatter shield
-Hurst shifter with Lou’s short shifter handle
-custom length strengthened driveshaft
-Van Steel rear end rebuild with 32 spline axles and BB half-shafts

Chassis, Steering, and Fuel:
-frame is seam welded and gusseted per Chevy Power Book (painted silver)
-Van Steel tubular Arms
-QA1 adjustable semi-coilovers in front and adjustable shocks in rear
-Ajustable composite monoleaf transverse rear spring from Van Steel
-Van Steel Spreader bar
- Rebuilt double offset trailing arms
-Steeroids rack and pinion
-Steering column rebuilt
-Rock Valley SS tank with in-tank fuel pump

Wheels, tires, and brakes:
-18x12.5" CCW Classics on rear and 18x10.25" in front (backspacing is 5.25" rear and fronts are 4.75”)
-335/30 Michelin Pilot Sports in rear and 285/35 up front
-Wilwood 6 piston aluminum calipers up front and 4 piston in the rear
-14" slotted rotor with aluminum hat up front and 11.25" slotted rotor in rear
-Wilwood proportioning valve and master cylinder
-Late model truck hydroboost unit

Interior:
-Leather Corbeau A4 seats
-6 pt. harness
-Shark Bar
-Chrome fire extinguisher
-All guages are autometer Ultra Lites
-Custom center console plate
-automatic windows and door locks
-Vintage Air AC controls
- Toggle starter switch
- Automatic windows and automatic locks
- Keyless entry
-Sound system

There are a ton of other little things that have been done to the car that I can't remember.

How it started:

·
Registered
391 Posts
You know Vette Mag might be worth your look again. I get a lot out of it and they do a lot on C3s. They changed there format and style. You will see when you pick one up. Let me know what you think.
:agree: Corvette Fever and Vette merged into just Vette, and it's a pretty good mag. Good balance between older and newer cars with lots of how-to's on C3's.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Awesome car! I read the article last week when the magazine arrived, but your posts really tell the story. Very impressive!!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Congrats man!!! First time I ever saw some one installing a cam barefooted:laughing: Couldn't wait to get dressed:partyon:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Very nice :thumbsup: Funny, as soon as I saw the article, I said to myself, "I know that vette"! Very happy for you! :partyon:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Gorgeous, is the best way to describe your car, I bet not only to see it setting in your garage,
but to start it up and take it out for a cruise, probably leaves your face hurting from all the
grinning you must be doing. This is an incredible car, I love it. Congrats on the mag feature.

Cars like yours inspire me to finish mine.

Riggs.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
it was after this pic that my wife said she wants a chrome bumper:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been following James' car since I bought my 69 a year ago, making it my goal to someday come close to what James has done.

Without trying to copy every detail of coarse. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That car is dead sexy:thumbsup: Wish mine looked like that. Congrats on the article as you and your car well deserved that honor:thumbsup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very nice :thumbsup: Funny, as soon as I saw the article, I said to myself, "I know that vette"! Very happy for you! :partyon:
Awesome! I love it that this site is a close enough family that we can recognize each other's cars! :partyon:

Congrats man!!! First time I ever saw some one installing a cam barefooted:laughing: Couldn't wait to get dressed:partyon:
It's Florida man, and I regularly work without shoes! The '67 is coming along nicely, but I wish I could work faster. Life and my real job keep getting in the way, but finishing up the interior wiring now. This is an old pic, and we've made quite a bit of progress since then.

Also collecting pieces for my next project.......a 6.2L L92 (aluminum block) powered Miata :thumbsup:

I bet not only to see it setting in your garage, but to start it up and take it out for a cruise, probably leaves your face hurting from all the
grinning you must be doing.

Cars like yours inspire me to finish mine.
It is fun to look at, but so much better to drive. It took me 5 years to finish my car, so hang in there! It's worth it when you take that first drive.

it was after this pic that my wife said she wants a chrome bumper]
Your wife sounds like my kinda girl! I can't convince my gf that older is better :crazy:

If you or your wife needs any more convincing:

I've been following James' car since I bought my 69 a year ago, making it my goal to someday come close to what James has done.

Without trying to copy every detail of coarse. :cheers:
You'll make it better. Gotta keep going better, faster, and more comfortable then the last guy. :cheers:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
:partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The coolest thing I see with builds like this one and some of the other builds, past
and present, is you got to do these projects with your Dads, that is to cool.

Thanks for sharing,
Riggs

1 - 20 of 28 Posts