Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing alot of reading since I got my car and I'm seriously thinking about keeping the x-fire and modding the piss out of it. Especially since the big vette show I went to this weekend I got to be somewhat of THE bastard child. I had the ONLY x-fire in the whole show. Now if I could make this setup run somewhere near what all of the newer vettes are running that would be even better. Now to the question at hand. How can I add nitrous to this motor after I've modded everything else? I'm looking down the road before I start so I don't make any mistakes in parts choices along the way. Anybody have experience with nitrous and x-fires?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
There was one guy on the crossfire forum who ran it, and I think he was in the 12's or something insane on just a lot of spray.... The kit is no longer in production, but you can buy all the pieces to make it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's got 140000 with bad valve seals and bad valve cover gaskets. Still runs pretty good though. It's time to rebuild with a little more displacement.

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
If you plan on staying cross fire your wasting your money building a bigger motor. That intake is just to restrictive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm either going to go x-ram or Offy depending on what my final HP goal ends up being. I'm thinking 400HP at the wheels with as much torque as I can manage through good airflow in and out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've been doing alot of reading since I got my car and I'm seriously thinking about keeping the x-fire and modding the piss out of it. Especially since the big vette show I went to this weekend I got to be somewhat of THE bastard child. I had the ONLY x-fire in the whole show. Now if I could make this setup run somewhere near what all of the newer vettes are running that would be even better. Now to the question at hand. How can I add nitrous to this motor after I've modded everything else? I'm looking down the road before I start so I don't make any mistakes in parts choices along the way. Anybody have experience with nitrous and x-fires?
They just had an 84 Cross-fire Vette in the July 2007 issue of GM High-Tech performance(The BEST mag out right now in my honest opinion)......The car had less than $2000 bucks worth of mods into it and it runs 11.80's @ 119 MPH.....Mods listed were: NOS 125(but jetted at 150) shot wet kit #5125(which is a discontinued kit from NOS) But really any basic dual(for each side) wet fogger system would yield the same results.....1.6 roller tip rockers......Y-pipe, muffler delete, high flow cat....3.73 gears......BFG 255/50/16 drag radials.....and tuning "ofcourse".....but, the rest of the car was bone stock.........this illustrates the power potential of a simple, "but well working" nitrous set-up "perfectly"....it's VERY hard to beat the horsepower and "especially" the instant HUGE torque gains from nitrous.........If you want the article, I could fax it to ya.....Just let me know..........Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
i saw that article

i remember reading that article, its stacked somewhere in my mass/mess of magazines. i agree that its one of the best mags out right now , just my opinion. i think that particular article would be a great place to start readin if you wanted quick results without tearin down into the motor,oh yeah be sure to get those seals/gaskets fixed fo sho. cant wait to see the end result of whatever you decide.:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
They just had an 84 Cross-fire Vette in the July 2007 issue of GM High-Tech performance(The BEST mag out right now in my honest opinion)......The car had less than $2000 bucks worth of mods into it and it runs 11.80's @ 119 MPH.....Mods listed were: NOS 125(but jetted at 150) shot wet kit #5125(which is a discontinued kit from NOS) But really any basic dual(for each side) wet fogger system would yield the same results.....1.6 roller tip rockers......Y-pipe, muffler delete, high flow cat....3.73 gears......BFG 255/50/16 drag radials.....and tuning "ofcourse".....but, the rest of the car was bone stock.........this illustrates the power potential of a simple, "but well working" nitrous set-up "perfectly"....it's VERY hard to beat the horsepower and "especially" the instant HUGE torque gains from nitrous.........If you want the article, I could fax it to ya.....Just let me know..........Joe:thumbsup:
Sounds like a great article, gotta go buy the mag now. But how is that only $2000, arent the gears alone worth about 1 grand?

·
Registered
441 Posts
That would be great if you could send me that Joe! I'll email you my fax # at work. Thanks!!!:thumbsup:
Hey Buddy, I Got your E-mail with your Fax #......when I get home from work tonight....I'll send it to you.............Joe:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts