Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a mild cam, headers, CAI, UD Pulley and a Tune in 3 weeks. I wanted to see if anyone else has any opinions to offer on throwing in Nitrous on top of the current mods I plan to do?

1. Best kit out there right now for the LS2 with all the bells and whistles I need to run safe?
2. Installation time? Cost to expect parts and labor?
3. Where is the bottle and switches located?
4. Will I need to buy a bottle warmer? Live in Virginia.

Should I forget this mod and put my money in a FAST Intake or save for a set of AFR Heads?

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated! Kevin:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I'm doing a mild cam, headers, CAI, UD Pulley and a Tune in 3 weeks. I wanted to see if anyone else has any opinions to offer on throwing in Nitrous on top of the current mods I plan to do?

1. Best kit out there right now for the LS2 with all the bells and whistles I need to run safe?

Should I forget this mod and put my money in a FAST Intake or save for a set of AFR Heads?

if it were up to me i would save for the heads and intake because then you can have the power all the time not just when your racing and with the nitrous you'll have to worry about the problems that go along with it (if you use it alot) JMO

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Some people like N20...these are the few that haven't had it destroy a piston or entire motor...lol. Seriously, with the newer stuff, including window switches and a good tune, it's fairly safe to run a small shot, but there is maintance and it's not there all the time like heads would be. You gotta have a bottle heater,remote opener,etc...for ease of operation and be able to find a good refill station.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
if it were up to me i would save for the heads and intake because then you can have the power all the time not just when your racing and with the nitrous you'll have to worry about the problems that go along with it (if you use it alot) JMO
very true BUT with nos ya get more power than all that other stuff [cams,heads etc] for a quarter the cost

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like I'm going to just stick with the mods. (Mild Cam, CAI, UD Pulley, Headers & Tune) and see what happens. I will just start saving for the second wave of modifications (Intake and Heads).:partyon:

It appears there is much more to Nitrous than I had anticipated. At $4 / lb., you could probably buy a supercharger after 3-4 years of continuous use. I know I would keep my big toe in the accelerator kicking Azz all the time, so I would become a Nitrous junkie. Wonder if they have a support group like AA for Nitrous addicts? I'm sure I would be the gas company's best customer! LOL! :rolling: I live in a pretty small town, so refills might be hard to come by.

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I have found this forum to be invaluable in making decisions on mods. The people are great on here!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
very true BUT with nos ya get more power than all that other stuff [cams,heads etc] for a quarter the cost
true more power but thats only when you have it floored and depending on how much you use it and how big of a shot you have then there could be some pretty expensive repairs associated with it thats the only reason i said go with the heads/intake cuz no one wants to have to deal with those huge problems....unless you drive it like hell to blow it up to build a bigger stronger engine:devil:

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I would wait to do the cam and the AFR's all at once..you will save a lot on labor, just make sure to put a cam in now that will work really well with the AFR's that your looking into...just my $.02:thumbsup: Be sure to post the results:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would wait to do the cam and the AFR's all at once..you will save a lot on labor, just make sure to put a cam in now that will work really well with the AFR's that your looking into...just my $.02:thumbsup: Be sure to post the results:D
Thanks - My tuner is basing the cam with future heads in mind. That's an important point.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
This started with nitrous - - if you are going to use 'juice' you better have forged components and a darn good tuner or you will have problems eventually.

The guts are not made for juice, nor are they made for forced induction.

I always hear about the guys who have it and love it but they never tell you when it goes :boom!

I have one car built for juice and am just going to switch to methanol with it as it goes fine. The vette, besides bolt ons and a tune 'maybe' a cam but no juice or forced induction beyond ram air. I want this to live a long life.

·
Registered
316 Posts

IMHO.....Cdn prices.

1) Nitrous Express - NX
2) 1-2-3 days depending on your skill level and tool availability. approx.
2K all in.
3) switches - integrated into center console. bottle in trunk. search
"nitrous" in DC.
4) Yes.

Neither a FAST intake or machined heads will give you any where near the same level of additional HP (assuming 100 shot of nitrous). Although i do not have NX on my vette i do on my other car and the extra HP gains are significant -it all has to do with the size and number of injectors you place. 1 per cylinder is best. One per side and a rail system tends to run the risk of leaning out one of the cylinders.

a.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts