Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,
anyone have a nitrous kit on there car?i'm thinking,a 100hp wet shot kit.was it what you expected?thank's for any input..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Done properly a little gas can be a good thing
I had a Firebird Formula 350 TPI with the 125Hp kit
I rarely needed it but when i hit the switch i was GONE!!!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool,ya i would only use it at the track.i go about every other month.i to think a well done kit (wet shot) is pretty safe.
how long did you have it on the car?thank's for the reply...:smokin:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I had it on the car for almost 2 years with NO problems
I had the NOS wet kit with a High output fuel pump and better flow injectors
I'm very pickey about my oil changes...... Mobil 1 every 3K
when I sold the car it still ran perfect
about 6 months after i sold it the guy called me.... he asked if I would put a bigger hp kit on for him, I couldn't because he called the day before I moved south, but the car still ran perfect at 125,000 miles

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I’m planning on either adding a bottle or supercharging the Z06. The bottle was my first choice because of the cost. Reading a ton I think getting it installed by a performance shop that you trust is a key. I don't have the talent or the time worrying about the installation. 100hp should be no problem

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 100 shot on my 85. Installation is easy but by all means take it to someone who knows what they're doing for some tuning. The recommended jets from the manufacturers seem to be generally on the rich side to keep you from frying your motor so therefore you're not likely to get as much of an increase. If you just guess at the jetting and happen to get it too lean it will run great...for about 2 seconds until it eats a piston or worse.

A good speed shop with a Dyno and wideband O2 sensor is well worth the bucks. Also you can dyno with and without the shot and see how much you're getting out of it.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank's for all the input.i can install it easily myself,i don't think the kit i'm looking at has 'jet's'.it has a spray block,with a tube running threw it,in the tube are tiny hole's (orfice's).

i also have a scanner,and scan alot,so i can record what's going on with or without the gas.that was a good point Jim,that way if something in the a/f or timing is not right,i will know instantly.thank's again for the great reply's.:buhbye:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FlatlineC5 said:
ya i got a 75 shot on my C5, took a full second off the ET.
:surprised ..damn.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank's Patrick,i'm there,i have to take care of some other thing's first,but in december i will be putting one on.maybe a cage soon after....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
i don't think the kit i'm looking at has 'jet's'.it has a spray block,with a tube running threw it,in the tube are tiny hole's (orfice's).
All wet kits have orifices (jets) that can be swapped out to adjust the amount of fuel and N20 that gets to the spray block. By changing the orifices you can adjust the size of the shot and the A/F ratio. In the NOS kit, they're located in the fitting between the spray block and the hoses that feed the fuel and N20. They're called flair jets.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nitrous

5-low
I was at Englishtown, NJ this past weekend and a 99 Vert A4 was running in the 9"s at 138 MPH. It had a 383 stroker w a D1 Procharger and 150 shot of NO2. Best of all it was a steet machine. Who'd of thought, blown and injected all at the same time. What a country.:partyon:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Re: Nitrous

Marty I said:
5-low
I was at Englishtown, NJ this past weekend and a 99 Vert A4 was running in the 9"s at 138 MPH. It had a 383 stroker w a D1 Procharger and 150 shot of NO2. Best of all it was a steet machine. Who'd of thought, blown and injected all at the same time. What a country.:partyon:
i'm might do it before the next track session.if i can knock a whole second off with a 100 shot,i will be tickling the 11s.i like that.:thumbsup:

at work i deal with cylinder's of n2o,100s of them.i think about it all the time,but hospital grade has a different flash point,and pressure's.hard to hide a 4 ft cylinder at 2500 psi...

:agree: have to love america....:smokin:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I typically run a 75 shot but can go as high as 150 and have had no problems. Best thing is it is cheap and easy to do. I moved the CD changer and put it in the center compartment and ran all the lines under the carpet and behind the battery...no drilling and good luck trying to find it on my car except the where the fuel and notrous lines meet up and go in the air bridge...all other lines I covered with factory wire loom and painted all the solenoids flat black and you cant see them.
If yu need help let m eknow and I can walk you through it but it really is easy
Buy a window switch that is the safest way to go and worth the extra $100

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank's iceburgh,
your correct,it look's very simple,at work i hook-up n2o-n2-liquid o2,solinoid's,and other high pressure stuff.over here there's only one place that will fill n2o,and theyv'e been waiting for a while.
i called the company we use at work,but they only sell medical grade n2o.the performance shop wan't 50 buck's to fill a 10lb bottle.is that a decent price?how many run's can you get out of a 10lb bottle at the 100hp level?(ballpark).
what's the window switch for?
is your kit a dry or wet kit?
do the fitting's seal good and solid in the air-bridge,mine's a thick halltech.i was thinking off running them to the bottom side of the air-bridge to keep really hidden.
sorry for so many question's,but i may order this in 2 week's so i can suprise my f-body buddy,even though he's never beat me yet.:laughing:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ya 50 bucks is about right, out here in Cali I pay 45, so close enough. I have mine installed like Iceburgh, with the bottle in the center compartment in the back and all the wires covered. I installed the activation switch and button in the ashtray. made a little plate for it. Now i just need to get a purge kit and a remote bottle opener, so i dont have to get out to open her up.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
does your bottle fit in the storage compartment with the cover on also?that would be sweet.i always keep my curtain up anyway,so no one will know.:thumbsup:
funny,i never considered n2o before,now i'm thinking,why didn't i do this sooner.:laughing:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yup she fits perfect. I just need to find a place to put the disc changer! its been in one of the side compartments wrap in a towel, but skips every once in awhile.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts