Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm i dont have compression on cyl 3,6,7
I think i lined up the cam and crank during the installation pretty good but can i small miss cause the loss of compression on these cylinders or is the valve setting wrong?

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
its much more likely to be the valve adjustments not correct , try backing off on the rocker nuts 1 full turn on each valve , on those cylinder then try it again, yes it might click but it won,t hurt a darn thing as a test, if it doesn,t click its still too tight, so repeat the process until they do click at idle, then very slowly take up the slack just till the clicking stops, at that point add 1/4 turn and lock it in place

read this

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=196

it really helps to find a tall scrap valve cover and modify it like this, a tall cast cover works best at keeping most of the oil from getting all over the place

you simply get the engine to idle, back off each rocker slowly until it clicks at idle, then very slowly take up the slack just till the clicking stops, at that point add 1/4 turn and lock it in place...don,t forget the valve cover gasket and bolting it into place during the procedure

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you did the valves a third time and now it runs really great.
Cant wait to get it out on the road to test the new Hsr setup :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts