Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Feb.04 issue of Vette magazine yesterday and on page 8 is a article called Drivers Seat by Bob Wallace. Very interesting reading about No Red Corvettes. Makes one think about whats going on with the General. Along with the fact that the Corvette comes in second with the new platform when the Caddy gets first dibs. I think this article is well worth a read. Are we really going to have the price of new Corvettes be out of reach of all but the Mercedes and Porsche end of the market ? :(

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Michael,
I read that article too. I felt kind of skeptical after reading it.
Stuff we've seen online suggest other things. After all, there are two reds included (Precision Red, Mag Red II) on the most recent paint code sheet.

I guess we'll find out soon...

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
No red Corvettes? I don't think so. Not as long as DuPont is in business and I have a spray gun.:laughing: :laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Does'nt make sense, is'nt red still the most popular color. :huh:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I read the article in Vette too. I read about the C6 in Motor Trend last night and they never mentioned anything about colors. Taking away red is like putting a back seat in. It's just not the right thing to do to the car.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I don't believe it, the year they don't offer some variety of red will be the same year as there's a four door Vette (just ain't happenin')

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can just imagine backing down my driveway with that one.......what a scrape on the front:laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
sidepipes79 said:
What bout this one??
Some things just shouldn't be.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
No red Corvettes? I don't think so. Not as long as DuPont is in business and I have a spray gun.:laughing: :laughing:
:agree: :agree: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
muddpile said:
I read the article in Vette too. I read about the C6 in Motor Trend last night and they never mentioned anything about colors. Taking away red is like putting a back seat in. It's just not the right thing to do to the car.
Or taking popup headlights away. Or opposed windshield wipers. The popup headlights help to make it a corvette IMO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My first Vette was red, and the last one will be. Not that they dont look good in any color. It's just my choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts