Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I posted a thread in Stingray's Bad Shark lounge seeking info on the best beer in Portland. I heard from someone in SC, my home state, and another DC'er from Texas, but no one from Portland.

I sent an email to a club in Portland, never heard back from them.

I've now been in Portland for 2 days, and haven't seen a single, not one, nada, none, nil, Corvette! :thud: I've seen every other car out here, even that little Smart Car, but not a single Corvette.

What gives Oregon?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:huh: Not one Vette in Portland?:huh:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Let me tell you about the great Northwest when it comes to cars, Subaru wagons and Toyota Prius. With a "save the squirrels" bumpersticker on the back:rolling: It wouldn't be funny if it wasn't true. There are a lot of car guys up here, but we are well out numbered by the tree huggers:laughing:

When your in Oregon go to Bend or Grants Pass. Two huge cities in Oregon, you will see lots of Corvettes there.:crazy: :crazy: :rolling: :laughing:and again:crazy:

Jr.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Okay, I posted a thread in Stingray's Bad Shark lounge seeking info on the best beer in Portland
There is so much good beer in Portland... You can always hit McMenamins (several locations) but my favorite beer, is probably superdog or dog day IPA on tap down at the Lucky Labrador on Hawthorne. Just up the road (still on Hawthorne) is Bridgeport, and of course the Bridgeport IPA they have on cask is unbelievable... Another cool place is roots, (just off Hawthorne). Then you can always top it off at the Rock Bottom down town, right by the train (near the Hilton, across the river) to take you wherever you need to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout :partyon:

doesn't matter where you are. It's one of the best beers in the world

the old english pale ale from Sam Smith is fantastic as well! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me tell you about the great Northwest when it comes to cars, Subaru wagons and Toyota Prius. With a "save the squirrels" bumpersticker on the back:rolling: It wouldn't be funny if it wasn't true. There are a lot of car guys up here, but we are well out numbered by the tree huggers:laughing:

When your in Oregon go to Bend or Grants Pass. Two huge cities in Oregon, you will see lots of Corvettes there.:crazy: :crazy: :rolling: :laughing:and again:crazy:

Jr.
Okay, I was thinking the same thing. People are very "green" out here, and that's good. But then I still see a lot of SUV's, not the little ones, but Hummers and other large type ones. Guess they just aren't into torgue and American muscle out here. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is so much good beer in Portland... You can always hit McMenamins (several locations) but my favorite beer, is probably superdog or dog day IPA on tap down at the Lucky Labrador on Hawthorne. Just up the road (still on Hawthorne) is Bridgeport, and of course the Bridgeport IPA they have on cask is unbelievable... Another cool place is roots, (just off Hawthorne). Then you can always top it off at the Rock Bottom down town, right by the train (near the Hilton, across the river) to take you wherever you need to go :thumbsup:
The beer has been great! Had a great flight at Bridgeport and some great food and personal tour at Ringlers, which is owned by McMamins I believe. Had some more great brews at Henry's Tavern too. Haven't even scratched the surface and had some great beer. May be no Corvettes, but they sure can brew a beer out here. :cheers:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Let me tell you about the great Northwest when it comes to cars, Subaru wagons and Toyota Prius. With a "save the squirrels" bumpersticker on the back:rolling: It wouldn't be funny if it wasn't true. There are a lot of car guys up here, but we are well out numbered by the tree huggers:laughing: Jr.
maybe the Corvette is the real endangered species up there...lets commission the Government to do another one of their (famous) multi-million dollar studies on it......
.....redvetracr

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think they drink coffee in portland

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts

Jr.
Hey! no knocking on Subbie wagons! sure they aren't a corvette, but would you trust a vette in a foot of snow?

On topic: You just moved to the wrong city, that's all. escape while you still can!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey! no knocking on Subbie wagons! sure they aren't a corvette, but would you trust a vette in a foot of snow?

On topic: You just moved to the wrong city, that's all. escape while you still can!
Oh, didn't move here, just visiting! Will escape back to the sunny southern US of A later this week.

As to Corvette's and Portland, I'm finally pleased to report I've seen 2! yes, 2, count'em. Both were C3's, pre 78 models, but at least I was able to finally see a few. :laughing: Maybe the folks out here just don't like later model Corvette's. :rolling:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts