Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented Gingerman yesterday, flew out the Pfadt's, I wanted the whole track to ourselves for some hard core road racing practice. We shot some Vette Dogs episodes which are going to be INSANE. I think 2 episodes could be just smoking spin outs and smoking power slides. :laughing:

The reality is the DC Z is utterly pounded to all living hell. Last night it was like driving a clown car home for 3 hours. I could barely hold on to the steering wheel. I couldn't go over 77 mph. The brakes sound like nails on a chalk board... or rivets on the rotors... even when not braking. The engine is starting to smoke a LOT of oil on deceleration. :laughing:

The tires are now shaped like a stop sign from all the flat spots. it's developed an overheating issue, trans overheating issue, oil overheating issue, and of course the ABS is gone completely, which means no traction control or active handling. And, the suspension has been creamed with probably... I dunno... 40 harsh off-track and off-roading adventures?

What makes it worse is the brake bias has shifted to the rear, and with no ABS the rears lock before the front resulting in some insane 4-wheel smoking high speed power slides that are better than any roller coaster in the world.

So the question is... would YOU want to drive this car at 200 mph? ... or stop it? :laughing:

So, all eyes are now shifted to the DC C6 and to get that car ready for salt duty... which "might" be coming up soon. The C6 needs new tires... chunks are missing out of the run flats. But new tires are a far easier project than what lies ahead to get the DC Z fixed.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
What are you going to do with the DC ZO6? :spanked:

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
sounds like its time to have the DC Z fully track-prepped with hi-po coolers, competition slicks, ground-effects aero kit, the works. Just turn it into a flat-out race car.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
sounds like its time to have the DC Z fully track-prepped with hi-po coolers, competition slicks, ground-effects aero kit, the works. Just turn it into a flat-out race car.
:agree:

Add to that a real healthy 427in normally aspirated motor and updated brakes.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

That would be kick ass!!

Patrick,
What are you going to use to protect the paint from all that salt? I take it there will be extensive cleaning done after that trip?

Are you going to include the DC C6 on the salt flats in any of the upcoming episodes?

Josh

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts

You got your moneys worth out of the stock parts, that's for sure:laughing:

Jr.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
That would be kick ass!!

Patrick,
What are you going to use to protect the paint from all that salt? I take it there will be extensive cleaning done after that trip?

Are you going to include the DC C6 on the salt flats in any of the upcoming episodes?

Josh
As usual... nothing...:laughing: At least, that's my guess:D

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Whats this protect the paint stuff. Isn't that what they put the clear coat on for? :devil:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
you think a man whose motto is "my cars have scars" is actually going to try to save the paint? :laughing:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
:devil: :laughing: I thought I remember him saying something about babying this car. But I don't think he can leave well enough alone.

·
Supporting Vendor
152 Posts
I rented Gingerman yesterday, flew out the Pfadt's, I wanted the whole track to ourselves for some hard core road racing practice. We shot some Vette Dogs episodes which are going to be INSANE. I think 2 episodes could be just smoking spin outs and smoking power slides. :laughing:

The reality is the DC Z is utterly pounded to all living hell. Last night it was like driving a clown car home for 3 hours. I could barely hold on to the steering wheel. I couldn't go over 77 mph. The brakes sound like nails on a chalk board... or rivets on the rotors... even when not braking. The engine is starting to smoke a LOT of oil on deceleration. :laughing:

The tires are now shaped like a stop sign from all the flat spots. it's developed an overheating issue, trans overheating issue, oil overheating issue, and of course the ABS is gone completely, which means no traction control or active handling. And, the suspension has been creamed with probably... I dunno... 40 harsh off-track and off-roading adventures?

What makes it worse is the brake bias has shifted to the rear, and with no ABS the rears lock before the front resulting in some insane 4-wheel smoking high speed power slides that are better than any roller coaster in the world.

So the question is... would YOU want to drive this car at 200 mph? ... or stop it? :laughing:

So, all eyes are now shifted to the DC C6 and to get that car ready for salt duty... which "might" be coming up soon. The C6 needs new tires... chunks are missing out of the run flats. But new tires are a far easier project than what lies ahead to get the DC Z fixed.

I see A new motor going in the DCZ.

AL.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
We need to talk about road racing. The idea is to stay on the course:huh:

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be kick ass!!

Patrick,
What are you going to use to protect the paint from all that salt?
Not a thing.

I take it there will be extensive cleaning done after that trip?
I'll try, but the salt dries like concrete under the car. And until they make a power wash facility that has a lift, you can only do so much. LOL.

That's the plan.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,685 Posts
:devil: :laughing: I thought I remember him saying something about babying this car. But I don't think he can leave well enough alone.
He's babied the DC-Z and look at the shape it is in. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We need to talk about road racing. The idea is to stay on the course:huh:

:cheers:
Aaron says I have no fear on the track, and that's a problem. I kick the mule until it kicks back, then I run at 99% of that. Unless you go flying off the track, you really don't know how far you can take the car or your driving ability. Well, that's at least what I do.

Aaron ran a 1:35.59 in the DC Z, and he has years of road racing experience. At the end of the day I ran a 1:43.10 Only 7 seconds off him, and he drives like hell on wheels. So, I'm happy about that for sure.

I love road racing and will continue on! But, between the show and running the DC enterprise, I'm running out of time to get the cars fixed after each stunt show. Trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I think the C6 is going to become a track car ... and the DC Z a race car.:laughing:
Sounds good, man.

Too bad you don't hire a whipping boy to run around and drop your cars off and pick them up from the extensive work they are needing and going to need. :partyon:

Josh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts