Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we all remember the $4 a gallon gas back in 08?? Sarah Palin and her "drill baby drill" slogan?? and the left not allowing the expansion of drilling to reduce our (this countries) exposure to the exact problem we have today??

Well I think we need to start drilling off Alaska, in the gulf and everywhere else they think oil is located. All the BS enviro-weenies backhanded methods of stopping it need to be eliminated. All the oil companies should need to say is "We want to drill here, and the govt gives them a permit to FN drill.

The left needs to move out of the way (please remember you lost the election) and let America meet their own fuel and utility needs. same for nuclear, coal and hydro electric plants. Multi year impact studies need to be suspended and the rigs need to be set up and wells started!!!

Using strategic oil reserves because the price goes up - how FN stupid. :smack

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Speculation on oil is causing the hikes.. now, had we started in the 90's, building some refineries and increasing production.. maybe.

OPEC wants oil between 90-100 a barrel, they hold the key, so they will get 90-100 and spikes up to 140 anytime they choose.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:agree:

Hindsight is great - " had we started in the 90's". I certainly hope in 2020 we aren't saying if only we had started in 2011 ...

We need to stop the BS from the enviro-weenies and get the drilling started TODAY!!!!

·
Banned
31,366 Posts

Hindsight is great - " had we started in the 90's". I certainly hope in 2020 we aren't saying if only we had started in 2011 ...

We need to stop the BS from the enviro-weenies and get the drilling started TODAY!!!!
Everytime America looks like we are going to drill, the price goes down.. :laughing:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup - the traders adjust the futures market and the oil goes back down. We need however to stay the course and keep the plan and actually start the drilling. I would love to see $1.25 a gallon gas again!!

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Yup - the traders adjust the futures market and the oil goes back down. We need however to stay the course and keep the plan and actually start the drilling. I would love to see $1.25 a gallon gas again!!
Imagine what that would do to retail prices on Consumer Goods! :partyon: Talk about fighting inflation. :nuts:

Not to mention road trips would be highly affordable. :cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
What are the current oil reserve estimates off the costs and in Alaska? How many barrels can be pumped a day and what would be the percent of world production?

Lets work the numbers and see what are the pros of drilling here?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
What are the current oil reserve estimates off the costs and in Alaska? How many barrels can be pumped a day and what would be the percent of world production?

What does it matter? Drill here, drill now, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

What kind of moron would ever want to limit the capacity, of the one product that drives the world economy? :huh: Besides the crooks who control it...

·
Registered
710 Posts

I wish I could find the site. I read about a week ago that if we were drilling in ANWR, ALaska woudl become the 8th highest producing (state/nation) for oil in the world. Catipulting it ahead of such nations as Lybia, Norway, etc... Lemme see if I can find it.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Drilling has been allowed. There was no moratorium like the politicos like to claim. Companies chose not to. Why drill more to lower the price of your goods? More work, more investment, less revenue? Nope.

Besides, global supply and production is surpassing demand. Has been for a decade. This is ALL speculators.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Drilling has been allowed. There was no moratorium like the politicos like to claim. Companies chose not to. Why drill more to lower the price of your goods? More work, more investment, less revenue? Nope.
:laughing: If you only knew...

Besides, global supply and production is surpassing demand. Has been for a decade. This is ALL speculators.
The way you end that, is to increase your production. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
:laughing: If you only knew...

The way you end that, is to increase your production. :thumbsup:

But the companies make a killing off speculation. Unless you are proposing government owned wells to boost production and **** in the speculators' Wheaties... That would be a Pandora's Box!

:thud:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts

But the companies make a killing off speculation. Unless you are proposing government owned wells to boost production and **** in the speculators' Wheaties... That would be a Pandora's Box!

:thud:
But, should you decide to research it, look into natural gas. We have more than we can use, there are ships full of it with no port to deliver to, and they are still drilling because they can make a buck. The oil companies would do the same, simply because it would drive their production costs down.

In a perfect world, each state would control their energy sectors top to bottom, without stocks issued, and without speculative buying allowed. The production would be farmed out to private companies, with a set margin. But, where is a perfect world? :huh:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
We need a multi-faceted approach.

1. Make more of our own energy.
2. Develop technologies to use less fossil fuels.
3. Produce more of our own fossil fuels in North America.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
We need a multi-faceted approach.

1. Make more of our own energy.
2. Develop technologies to use less fossil fuels.
3. Produce more of our own fossil fuels in North America.
Well my part of the world is helping on two of the three.

1. Andrews County wants to build a Nuclear Power plant(ok its pilot plant but the purpose is to help develop future reactors in the US) and West Texas is putting up Windmills fater than any other place in the US

3. the Odessa camp of the company I work for is chasing 149 drilling rigs so we are drilling here and now plus my company is a leader in developing zonal isolation(well cementing) and fracturing technology. Oh, for those who think fracking is evil realize that fracking can quadruple the amount of oil a single well can produce. Consider that.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Aren't 1 and 3 the same ?

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Aren't 1 and 3 the same ?
Not entirely. Energy can include wind, nuclear, solar, Bloom Box, etc. Not just fossil fuel. It is a long term solution. More fossil fuel is a short term patch, but a necessary one.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Those are not energy. Those are alternatives.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
The only reason they race to drill is to sell to markets overseas with tax payer subsidies in their coffers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts