Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

A little help needed. I was looking to take my 2006 Z06 out the other day and when I tried to start the car I got the message on the DIC that "No FOB detected". The car didn't start and while I was playing with the FOB other messages appeared on the DIC such as I need to get my brakes checked and my car needs service. Even though it's an 2006 I only have 3600 miles on it so obviously I don't need to have my brakes checked.

The other problem I am having is that I cannot unlock the doors. I am aware of the keyhole in the trunk area but I am wondering since the locks are electronic is there something I can manually trigger to unlock the doors.

And is there a way I can reprogram the FOB? I got the car recently and I bought a second key FOB but need to have the 2nd FOB programmed since it only originally came with one. It figures that the first one went nuts (murphys law....lol) before I could activate the second one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...:thumbsup:

Thanks!!
Steve

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
After you pop the trunk there is a manual lever to pop the doors open as well as a level down at the foot of the door if you have the problem trying to get out of the car.

As for the FOB, did you place the FOB in the glove compartment and see if that helps at all with it not being detected? As for getting it reprogrammed, I believe you need to take it to a dealership to get that done.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The battery might be dead in the fob. The case pops open to reveal a small replaceable battery that you can get anywhere. The owners manual shows how to open the fob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No Fob detected...Please Help!

Hi. I am having the same problem as Steve. I was looking to take out my husbands 06 Z06 today (he is on deployment), I had problems getting into the car and when I tried to start the car I got the message on the DIC saying "No FOB detected". The car didn't start and I tried to put it on accessory mode the radio didn't come on.

I also now cannot unlock the doors at all. I am aware of getting in by the lever in the trunk area. I thought the key fob batteries were dead so I inserted the key fob in the slot in the glove box. Car still didn't start and other messages appeared on the DIC such as check anti-lock brakes and service the car soon. In accessory mode, the radio still wouldn't come on and the driver side window went down and won't come back up! (luckily it is parked in the garage) Changed key fob batteries and still have no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
The battery might be dead in the fob. The case pops open to reveal a small replaceable battery that you can get anywhere. The owners manual shows how to open the fob.
:agree: That was my issue with my 05's Fob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No FOBS detected..help! (fixed issue)

I fixed the issue! The car battery died completely. I had no idea when the battery dies the whole system goes haywire :laughing:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I fixed the issue! The car battery died completely. I had no idea when the battery dies the whole system goes haywire
Excellent. :cheers:

Was going to suggest you replace the battery when you described the DIC going bananas. Glad I read the hole thread. Been there, done that.

When this happened to me it totally freaked me out, it was a brand new car. Unbeknownst to me had sdat in the dealer over a year. They'd never disconnected the battery so naturally it was close to dead requiring their big jump pack to start so I could test drive the car.

Next day went out to take my first cruise, nothing. DIC went ballistic, listed every error in the book. Was furious, MADE the dealer send out the sales guy WITH a new battery.

Car ran perfect afterwards, although he left with some awfully bloody knuckles. Too bad neither of us knew a lifting strap is needed since replacing batteries in a C6 Z06 is a genuine PITA without one. :laughing:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fixed the issue! The car battery died completely. I had no idea when the battery dies the whole system goes haywire :laughing:
This is absolutly true. The whole car dies when the battery is dead. You should have a trickel charger on it if you are leaving for more than a few weeks without driving.

Had this happen to me with my wifes CTS as well.

On another forum I also recently learned that on the ZO6 if you put the car in reverse when parking for extended periods of time is has some way of keeping only the bare bones functions of the car operating. Not sure if this is true but that is what was stated.

What others have said about the FOB battery is correct. I had to recently replace mine. Wierd but both FOB's were dead at the same time. I knew it was the FOB batt because the car had been on the trickel charger all winter.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've seen the same type of thing when my wife was driving the 2008 STS caddy. Battery went to **** and all kinds of weird things happened. Ended up having to get it towed to the dealer. Funny thing is that when it gave up the ghost it was in the garage. We had to disassemble the center console to put it into neutral and push it into the street for the flatbed to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
... On another forum I also recently learned that on the ZO6 if you put the car in reverse when parking for extended periods of time is has some way of keeping only the bare bones functions of the car operating. Not sure if this is true but that is what was stated.
I THINK that the deal is, you have to park the 2005 years and leave them in reverse or it will drain the battery. From what I understand, the 2005 is the only C6 with this issue.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
I THINK that the deal is, you have to park the 2005 years and leave them in reverse or it will drain the battery. From what I understand, the 2005 is the only C6 with this issue.
All export, manual Corvettes, have to be left in reverse. Doing this shuts down a lot of system components that were killing the battery (instead of fixing the bugs in the code they put in a workaround ... :smack)

Note: the battery stills gets drained by the remaining computers/calculators. Which is why you should put the C6 models on a battery tender.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The C5's too. They will drain just sitting around in the off season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts