Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was no way on God's earth anyone could reach up under the dash and disconnect the throttle cable from the top of the pedal mechanism. Trust me, you need way more room and visibility. Oh, and smaller hands and a flashlight built into your forehead.

So, I decided to use just the new plastic piece, that required drilling out a rivet and a little assembly. First thing I noticed is that though the new plastic piece did attach to the firewall properly, the mounting place for the pedal does not. It's about a 1/4-1/2 inches difference.

So, I put everything together anyway, but when I start the car it shoots right to 3500 RPM and stays there. Either this is a result of the different geometry of the pedal mechanism.... or the throttle cable could need to be adjusted now.

So now... do I make a throttle cable adjustment? Or, do I go to chebby and get the matching piece?

:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered the pedal mechanism from a Chevy dealer.... $45 !!! You can't get the plastic part seperate.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Re: No-go on the replacement gas pedal assembly... :-(

Patrick96LT4 said:
I ordered the pedal mechanism from a Chevy dealer.... $45 !!! You can't get the plastic part seperate.
I was going to say I could tell you how to re-adjust the cable.. I just did it on my 95.. found I was only hitting 80% throttle.. now I have full throttle movement..

To bad Craigs Pedal didn't work out for you...

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Thats why I could get to it...5'4" 130...LOL

Sorry it didn't work, the top cable clip looks hard to get off, but actually is easy once to take a small regular screwdriver and push in from the rear and it comes right off...

45 isn't too bad, but that towing bill is what really sucked!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: Re: No-go on the replacement gas pedal assembly... :-(

Patrick96LT4 said:
:surprised

****, I would have machined you a part for free, that would never break. :stick:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Re: No-go on the replacement gas pedal assembly... :-(

Bender said:
:surprised

****, I would have machined you a part for free, that would never break. :stick:
I was thinking of you when I finally got the piece out. The part is VERY complex, believe it or not. Not as simple as I thought. As soon as my batteries are done charging, I'll snap some pics and show you what it looks like. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: No-go on the replacement gas pedal assembly... :-(

Patrick96LT4 said:
I was thinking of you when I finally got the piece out. The part is VERY complex, believe it or not. Not as simple as I thought. As soon as my batteries are done charging, I'll snap some pics and show you what it looks like. :thumbsup:
That’s cool Patrick :thumbsup:

The most important thing is that you get your car up and running soon :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No-go on the replacement gas pedal assembly... :-(

Bender said:
That’s cool Patrick :thumbsup:

The most important thing is that you get your car up and running soon :cheers:
Yep! The part should be in on Tuesday, I am eager to get it on.... had some 75 degree days here and I couldn't go out and play!:(

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No-go on the replacement gas pedal assembly... :-(

Patrick96LT4 said:
Yep! The part should be in on Tuesday, I am eager to get it on.... had some 75 degree days here and I couldn't go out and play!:(
I know the feeling, been working day and night and weekends both my real job and side projects for everyone.. so I have missed out this weekend.. no biggie though.. anyway hope you can get the new pedal installed quickly..
-Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts