Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86 vette that was in really rough condition when I bought it. I've gotten most everything working on it other than the heater. I can not get hot air out of the vents. Both heater hoses are hot so water is going throught the core and the shutoff valve is working, but I can not figure out what to check next. My "service manual" is a joke when it comes to the heating system. Is this probably going to be a elec problem with the digital control head or an actuator problem in the dash?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Had that same issue with another car. Disconnected the hoses going to and from the heater core. Backflushed them and black crap came out. Got heat out of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is your water temp gauge reading after 10 minutes of driving ??????????
Around 190 to 200.

I'll try back flushing it, but water seems to be circulating since both hoses are hot. Did these models have an A/C programmer like the Cadilliacs of these years do?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Around 190 to 200.

I'll try back flushing it, but water seems to be circulating since both hoses are hot. Did these models have an A/C programmer like the Cadilliacs of these years do?
It MIGHT be hot simply because it isn't heating up the "radiator" and flowing past. All hard to say. Also, your valve might not be working well too. Flush it first and we can see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts