Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, sorry about the fisheye photos, took these with my GoPro. Anyway, the rain gutter on the drivers side of my FRC is not seated properly. There are screwdriver marks where someone tried to re-seat it. I have pushed on it and it feels solid. it wont move. Anyone got the procedure for a proper fix ?

Drivers side, notice the gap.

Passenger side, smooth and flush.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty so I have no idea how how they fix it.
Mine was leaking but it never looked like yours.
I'm sure someone with a factory manual will hook you up in bit, hang in there.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
My 02 looks the same, water comes in too. Very interested in how to repair this

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty so I have no idea how how they fix it.
Mine was leaking but it never looked like yours.
I'm sure someone with a factory manual will hook you up in bit, hang in there.:thumbsup:
Mine split at the top and was replaced during the last day of warranty............took dealer 3 weeks to locate part which included the weatherstripping.
I have a factory manual and will investigate..........

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
you arent tooo far from me....tell ya what, give me the car and I promise to fix it for you

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
There are screws that hold the weatherstripping and gutter to the car. You have to first remove the gutter and inspect the weatherstripping. I suspect that the weatherstripping has come loose from the car and is bowing out, which is causing the gutter to bow out also. Have you removed the gutter to inspect the weatherstripping?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Junk, no I haven't removed the gutter. I didn't know whether there are special tools required or how it came apart. I didn't want to just rip into it and mess something up. I'll look at it again this weekend. Like I said, when I push on it it's solid, no give whatsoever.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AJ, you are THE MAN !!! That's exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you much !

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
:thumbsup:

I actually explained it backwards as to what I actually meant. The gutter is attached to the car and the weatherstripping is attached to the gutter. Something may be behind the gutter. You may end up destroying the weatherstripping if you try to remove it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, after reviewing the procedure, I'll probably wait until I have a new weatherstrip in hand. But, I do want to thank you again for the help. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts