Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys... it is hard to say, but i am going to stop producing Carbon Fiber Roofs.
I do not see ALOT of interest like before, maybe because of the price and economy ( i know, it is bad). Anyway, i will make another 3 roofs for $980 a peace and then i will stop making them. If someone would like to buy one in future, MAYBE, i will make one, but no less than $1300 a peace.

Thank you!
Gor

·
Registered
116 Posts
sorry to see that you need to cut it off like this. I would love to snag one myself but folding moneys is tight right now and it seems to be that is the case with everyone right now. So are you closing up shop for good? If someone would referb some of my dash and trim pices with a layer of CF that would be cool and need minamal materials hint hint

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not closing the shop, i am having more luck selling honda civic roof caps than corvette tops. The price difference is only 350.

As for the interior/dash peaces, i am not going to start make anything until i will not see enough interest.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I certainly understand man. I was on the path to grab one from you, but instead of money becoming more available, it's become even tighter. With the paint fading quickly on the ole girl, I might be doing a whole carbon fiber wrap on the car (sometime in 2011 I "hope") instead of getting the top.

Murphy's law is in full effect with the vette too. I know damn well if i spent $1000 for the top, I'd end up with a $1000 mechanic bill just to keep the car running. :thud:

Well I hope the civic guys can keep you churning till some of us C4 guys can get our crap together. :cheers:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I certainly understand man. I was on the path to grab one from you, but instead of money becoming more available, it's become even tighter. With the paint fading quickly on the ole girl, I might be doing a whole carbon fiber wrap on the car (sometime in 2011 I "hope") instead of getting the top.

Murphy's law is in full effect with the vette too. I know damn well if i spent $1000 for the top, I'd end up with a $1000 mechanic bill just to keep the car running. :thud:

Well I hope the civic guys can keep you churning till some of us C4 guys can get our crap together. :cheers:
Yeahh.. i see what you are saying, but what can i do? Nothing!
I can not bring the cost of high quality materials down.
If i will receive 20 orders, i might be able to buy a big roll of carbon fiber fabric for 70% cheaper than it is usually and all other materials.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yep, nor would I want for you to use sub quality products. The economy just blows. Now, if I ever hit the lotto, just know I'll keep you busy for a couple of months at least! :cheers:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeahh.. i see what you are saying, but what can i do? Nothing!
I can not bring the cost of high quality materials down.
If i will receive 20 orders, i might be able to buy a big roll of carbon fiber fabric for 70% cheaper than it is usually and all other materials.
Probably get more sales doing C5/C6 tops

1 - 10 of 10 Posts