Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was out doing a little detailing today after a quick trip to pep boys,i pop the hood and started.I had the radio on and all was going well.I was washing out ,by hand,all around front headlight area,left side back to battery.I pull cruise control mounting bracket,sanded,primed,repainted and reinstalled.No problem.Then i got back in the car to fire her up and i lost every thing.I had no power at all to the car.I went to the fuse box,and all looked good??.I then checked battery ground,tight.Then about 10 mim.latter underhood lights came on.I went in to try and start in and the same thing happened again,but now i have no power at all.Please help me here I,m lost:huh: :( :buhbye:ps.I heard a funny noise the first time i tryed to start it,but not the second time.I wounder if the anti theft kicked in.just a little more info.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
kenney said:
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was out doing a little detailing today after a quick trip to pep boys,i pop the hood and started.I had the radio on and all was going well.I was washing out ,by hand,all around front headlight area,left side back to battery.I pull cruise control mounting bracket,sanded,primed,repainted and reinstalled.No problem.

Then i got back in the car to fire her up and i lost every thing.I had no power at all to the car.I went to the fuse box,and all looked good??.I then checked battery ground,tight.Then about 10 mim.latter underhood lights came on.I went in to try and start in and the same thing happened again,but now i have no power at all.Please help me here I,m lost:huh: :( :buhbye:
The underhood lights just came back on? Sounds like an electrical issue somewhere, possibly due to getting something wet.

Pop the hood, disconnect the battery, and let it dry out over night. Don't leave the battery connected.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Sounds like a ground problem. Make sure all your battery connections are clean and tight. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
hmmmm????

radio playing, hood lights on, detailing and sanding, painting... how long did all this take? when hood lights came back on where they bright or dim......not trying to be simple minded here but maybe the battery is dead?? the sound you heard the first time was just the battery having just enough juice in it to click the solinoid but took all the rest of the juice out of the batt trying to operate starter... letting them set a spell will give batt a bit of residule charge causing the hood lights to come back on hmmm...just a thought lmk how it turns out

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thats what I was thinking.. radio playing for a long time with the car off.. drains the hell out of the battery..
-Rick

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: hmmmm????

xtreamvette said:
radio playing, hood lights on, detailing and sanding, painting... how long did all this take? when hood lights came back on where they bright or dim......not trying to be simple minded here but maybe the battery is dead?? the sound you heard the first time was just the battery having just enough juice in it to click the solinoid but took all the rest of the juice out of the batt trying to operate starter... letting them set a spell will give batt a bit of residule charge causing the hood lights to come back on hmmm...just a thought lmk how it turns out
I check the battery,had plenty of juice,come to find out that fusible link off the selinoid went bad.Had to replace,everything perfect now.Thanks for the interest.:thumbsup: :buhbye:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts