Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 starts good the first time,but if I turn engine off and try to restart it,it will not start.If I wait about 5 minutes it starts up.Is it the cam sensor?No check engine light.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Does it crank when it doesn't start? Or does it do nothing? Does it display any messages at the base of the instrument cluster like 'pull key wait 10 sec.' Does it do it when the motor is cold? Does it do it when the motor is hot? Do you mean after you have been driving the car for a while it doesn't restart? Or if you start it and immediately shut it down it still wont restart?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the delay answering you questions Autowiz. 1.Does it crank when it doesn't start?Yes,the engine turns over. 2.Does it display a message? No messages.Does it do it when engine is hot or cold ? It will do it if engine is hot or cold .Here is what is happens.If I start the engine and turn it off and try to start it again right away, it will start and die.If I try to start it right after it dies ,the engine just turn over.(no start) If I wait 15 seconds it starts. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This morning I go to start the car and the engine turns over,but no start.Where do I start trobleshooting this problem?I checked for codes,but only ones was for battery.Put in new battery but still no start.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Upon asking for help on Facebook on this problem,I was asked if when I turn on the ignition switch do I hear the electric fuel pump coming on.I checked it out and did not hear it.I was told to replace the relay to the fuel pump.This did the trick.It started.Fined it for less than $20.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts